Netgear WNR3500Lv2 Checksum error on Go from CFE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mbluett
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 0:53    Post subject: Netgear WNR3500Lv2 Checksum error on Go from CFE Reply with quote
I am trying to unbrick a Netgear WNR3500Lv2 from the CFE.

I had previously tried running the TFTPD at the CFE prompt and it would show successful and the correct number of bytes transferred but the router would indefinitely (more than 10 minutes) sit at the TFTP prompt. Router was pingable.

I have tried many different firmwares.

After TFTPing the firmware I see this:

CFE> tftpd
Start TFTP server
Reading :: Done. 3543098 bytes read.
Board ID : Bv @C 7 }
Image ID : U12H136T99_NETGEAR

The "board_id" variable seems corrupt. I have tried to change it to match the Image ID, then do an "nvram commit" and then subsequently perform a TFTP but no change. It shows corrupted again (even though I changed it).

I then tried a "flash -noheader : flash0.os" and the TFTP (from my Win7 PC) using the same FW. This time it showed the following:

CFE> flash -noheader : flash0.os
Reading :: Done. 3543098 bytes read
Programming...done. 3543098 bytes written
*** command status = 0

But after this it shows the following:

CFE> go
Checking crc...Boot program checksum is invalid

There was no checksum error before using the "flash" command instead of the TFTPD command. But now, I get the checksum error no matter what FW I try.

The one I started with was this:
dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR3500L.chk

This is the code for a WNR3500Lv1. I used this because the WNR3500Lv2 code has a WIP status.

Any ideas?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: