DD-WRT N00b - R7000

HiT3chRedneck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 14:19    Post subject: DD-WRT N00b - R7000 Reply with quote
I want to install DD-WRT on my Nighthawk R7000. According to the router DB, it doesn't look like it is listed, but looking at the forums, it looks like peopl are using it. So I have a couple of questions.

1. Is the R7000 supported by DD-WRT?
2. If 1. = yes, where would I find the downloads/instructions to flash my router with DD-WRT?

I am new to DD-WRT and have never done it before, so forgive me if this question has been answered before.
Sponsor
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 14:31    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT N00b - R7000 Reply with quote
HiT3chRedneck wrote:
I want to install DD-WRT on my Nighthawk R7000. According to the router DB, it doesn't look like it is listed, but looking at the forums, it looks like peopl are using it. So I have a couple of questions.

2. If 1. = yes, where would I find the downloads/instructions to flash my router with DD-WRT?

I am new to DD-WRT and have never done it before, so forgive me if this question has been answered before.

It is.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/04-06-2017-r31825/netgear-r7000/factory-to-dd-wrt.chk

1st reset to factory default
2nd flash that file
3rd go to Commands tab under Administration (i think) and issue erase nvram && reboot. This will reset to factory defaults again, in case you can't complete this step, do the regular reset to factory defaults in the UI.
4th read this http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152 and new build threads under Broadcom forum section to check for latest releases from Kong and BS.

The version I gave you is not the latest since there is a development of a feature that will accelerate the WAN connection but "could" be a bit unstable. But again, start with this build and then spend hours/days reading to flash a newer build.

R6250 - BS 29193 running since 03/20/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - DNSMasq - AdBlocking)
HiT3chRedneck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 14:43    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT N00b - R7000 Reply with quote
Xeon2k8 wrote:
HiT3chRedneck wrote:

It is.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/04-06-2017-r31825/netgear-r7000/factory-to-dd-wrt.chk

1st reset to factory default
2nd flash that file
3rd go to Commands tab under Administration (i think) and issue erase nvram && reboot. This will reset to factory defaults again, in case you can't complete this step, do the regular reset to factory defaults in the UI.
4th read this http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152 and new build threads under Broadcom forum section to check for latest releases from Kong and BS.

The version I gave you is not the latest since there is a development of a feature that will accelerate the WAN connection but "could" be a bit unstable. But again, start with this build and then spend hours/days reading to flash a newer build.

Awesome! Thanks for the (quick) guidance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: