WRT610N v1 - Recover from a bad flash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
nl393a
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:05    Post subject: WRT610N v1 - Recover from a bad flash Reply with quote
Hi all,

The other day I flashed dd-wrt.v24_mega_generic onto my WRT610N v1 router. From that point on, the "wireless" light no longer comes on (but the "power" light is lit solid after initially blinking. LAN light also responds well).

I tried TFTP by flashing the OEM firmware WRT610N_SetupWizard_MAC. Although it says the flash was "successful", the router would not respond to 192.168.1.1 (again, the "wireless" light does not come on but the "power" light is lit solid after initially blinking).

I was trying to do the "Recover from a bad flash" for the WRT600N in Wiki. The thing is, I am really not that computer literate as I do not know how to "change directory" in command prompt - every time I enter "connect 192.168.1.1" in command prompt, it says: "connect" is not recognized as an internal or external command...

Could someone show me how to properly enter the commands in command prompt so that I can get the wireless light on my router to come on again?

Thank you.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: