Does comcast throttle openvpn?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
tdamocles
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 16:51    Post subject: Does comcast throttle openvpn? Reply with quote
I'm using windscribe VPN or I'm trying to use it right now but when I set up their configuration in the VPN client and it connects the connection is really slow. I have Comcast 400mbps service but it's only passing about 20 to 25mbps. Does anybody use windscribe VPN that could help me out? Or is there another option that actually works through DD-WRT? Windscribe says that Comcast Xfinity throttles openvpn connections, is that true? I'm using the wrt3200 right now with he 8/3 firmware .
Sponsor
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don’t have Xfinity or use Windscribe but many of the dd-wrt builds released since May of 2017 have worked nicely on the wrt3200 with ovpn. I only seen about a 6% loss of speed by using the vpn which is normal. So based on a few google searches it does look like Windscribe is correct and Comcast is throttling. Just for laughs give Comcast/Xfinity Business a call and ask for pricing on their business class service. Then ask them if they throttle vpn traffic...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: