Linksys 1900ACS v2 - OpenVPN on VAP - Kills Lan

wadeshuler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 18:53    Post subject: Linksys 1900ACS v2 - OpenVPN on VAP - Kills Lan Reply with quote
I have a Linksys 1900ACS v2. I am pretty sure it's v2. I returned an AC model after having connectivity/rebooting issues to specifically get the ACS. I am pretty sure I got the v2 as I did research before buying it.

I have DD-WRT Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r28788 std (01/13/16).

Now when looking at the router database, there is only this available for 1900ACS v2: v3.0 [Beta] Build: 30796 - 2016-10-26 factory-to-ddwrt.bin

So it looks like a newer version is available? There is no archive of the older bins (ie: the one I have, 28788)? Unless I installed the v1 on accident like a year ago when I flashed it..?

Maybe I should just flash my router with the v3-30796? How can I factory reset it since there is only a factory to ddwrt bin?

---

What I am trying to do

I am wanting to setup "wifi-stream" for my streaming devices (FireStick, Raspberry Pi3, Kodi HTPC, ChromeCast, etc..). I am also assuming I would want it to be a VAP of the 5g? Supposedly 5g is for streaming.

I have 2 wifi networks (wifi and wifi-5g). I have created a VAP. First I tried a VAP of the 5g (wifi-5g), then removed it all and tried the 2.4ghz (wifi). Both gave the same results, broken network lol.

I followed a guide posted here on the forum, as well as 2 different guides I found online. One said to have it "bridged", the other said to uncheck "bridged". Something about Broadcom issues. I tried both ways regardless.

I tried to use the dd-wrt GUI, I tried solely a startup script.. to no avail Sad

First my wifi was killed (just local access to router) until I entered in the Google DNS's. Then Wifi could hit the internet. However, all LAN connections were still dead.

I also have forwarded ports for things like the XBOX, external access to some developer stuff (auto sync to my NAS, ftp, etc)

I have the 1900ACS -> WRT120N -> wired old Linksys BEFS or something (looks like 1900ACS only wired and like 10 years old). All the firewalls are off on the child routers and acting like switches. I am not new to networking. My kids' tablets run off the WRT120N wifi and it has ethernet running to their rooms for hard-wired devices. The BEFS is in my daughters room for her xbox and PC. Yeah, I need to get actual switches.. maybe one day lol. It works for now.

Is there a bug with this dd-wrt firmware? It is possible I used the v1 firmware on the v2, IF there never was the 28788 firmware for the v2. I don't see how I made the mistake of v1 vs v2, I'm pretty good with computers (15 years programming, CISCO CCNA, A+), but shit happens sometimes. Just wondering b/c I really don't want to re-flash my router, but I will if it really makes a difference!

---

So does the fact that my LAN dies after setting this up, and my specs, stand out? Do I need to do something different with the config than these guides lay out?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: