New Image 09-09-2017-r33342

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
spmcewen wrote:
myersw wrote:

See the thread in my sig for lots of good info for someone new, if you have not read it already. It talks primarily about wrt1900, but info holds true to for the wrt3200.

Have fun in your new venture. Very Happy

Thanks, I've read some of your posts and links and they have been really helpful. That's a good point about the 2 partitions - I keep forgetting about that. The only annoying part of my setup is reconfiguring mythtv and my hd homerun tuners with the new IPs they get, then updating all the clients that use them. I'm coming from and old Airport Express that used the 10.x address space. I should probably tell dd-wrt to use the current 192.x IPs for them though. Once the network calms down I'll give it a shot.

On the services tab you can assign static IP addresses. In my case with 2 NAS boxes I just assigned IP addresses to them within the NAS management in a range that is not normally used or easily boxed out. Did this to make things easy because I do bounce around from firmware to firmware and do not need to worry about do dhcp static assignments every time.

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
Sponsor
armkreuz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was on 33257 and now I'm trying this new build.

Everything seems to works well.
Openvpn OK
Wifi speed, on 2.Ghz Unchanged
on 5Ghz, slightly slower

uPnP is fix
ad19
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
QoS not working on this build.
Have tried Interface Priority and MAC Priority. In both cases the WAN Max Down limit is reduced by a factor of 10. So if you provide it a value of 10 Mbps, what you get is 1 Mbps. WAN Max Up also appears to be doing the same.

----------------------
WRT3200ACM
nasirdxb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still having issues with UPNP its not triggering new ports. but if the ports are already in the UPNP list upgrading from an older version (build 33180) it will work fine with those ports and devices.
Eyerex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
nasirdxb wrote:
Still having issues with UPNP its not triggering new ports. but if the ports are already in the UPNP list upgrading from an older version (build 33180) it will work fine with those ports and devices.

Seems to be working ok for me with my 1900ACS V1 did a clean install from stock and no backup used
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look like the New build is out 33342 thread over on the Broadcom forum has now been amended to a “Do not Install” advisory. At the moment it working very well here in Marvell land on my WRT3200ACM, up just about 44 hours. Wan traffic is reporting 25067MB for Incoming and 8574 for Outgoing which is all wireless traffic since I don't have any wired devices connected. YMMV but looks like a keeper for me...
pekkleminer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

FYI... QOS on this build (r33342) still seems to be misbehaving on my WRT3200ACM. As soon as I turn it on and assign MAC address priorities, it throttles my download speeds to 10Mbps on all devices. When I turn off the QOS, my speeds return to the full 150Mbps expected. Otherwise this build is working fine and has been stable 24 hours.

Kennie
johnnyNobody999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
WRT3200acm and wrt1900acs. I'm continuing to have problems with wifi connections - mostly with 5GHz. I'm going to look at a different make of router (Asus, Netgear, whoever).
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
johnnyNobody999 wrote:
WRT3200acm and wrt1900acs. I'm continuing to have problems with wifi connections - mostly with 5GHz. I'm going to look at a different make of router (Asus, Netgear, whoever).

Myersw has a cult following with Lede so yea I drank the Kool-Aid and tried it too. So maybe look into that before you trash your wrt1900. I’m a dd-wrt loyalist but I wanted to see what Lede was all about so I installed it on my WRT1900ACS because dd-wrt on the wrt1900 kept crashing the 5ghz with the recent dd-wrt builds. I configured the 1900 as a dumb Access Point as it works great, just up over 17 days. On the other hand the wrt3200 is working nicely with the dd-wrt builds, maybe not as fast as Lede but seems stable in this build so far...
nasirdxb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eyerex wrote:
nasirdxb wrote:

Seems to be working ok for me with my 1900ACS V1 did a clean install from stock and no backup used

After doing a clean install it worked , thanks
jonfr780
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
What kernel release is this build using?
jonfr780
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
johnnyNobody999 wrote:

Try to use older builds. Last stable kernel build I can use is from April and is number 31899.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/04-24-2017-r31899/

The linux kernel (that runs the drivers) appears to have had some API changes in recent 4.9 version tree and that is not going well with current Linksys WRT drivers (at least not on AC1900 that I use).
mikeregister
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Came home today with no internet connection. Had to manually reboot router. Less than 24 hours.
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
slimbrick87 wrote:

When you do your iperf tests, how are your router, wireless desktop, and wired desktop located located with respect to each other? In the same room or spaced throughout your house?

Wireless PC is a desktop so does not move. Has one wall between it and router and is about 10 feet from router. The other PC is Ethernet attached to the router and in same room as the router. Pretty simple setup. The Ethernet attached functions as the iperf server. Both PC's are running Windows 10 Pro.

For what it's worth, when I do an iperf throughput test under roughly the same conditions, I get 375 Mbit/s for the 5 GHz band. I have a desktop iMac ethernet attached to the router, and a laptop Mac roughly 10 feet away with one wall separating. Ethernet attached also functions as the iperf server. This is with DD-WRT, so the performance feels pretty good.
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
slimbrick87 wrote:
myersw wrote:
slimbrick87 wrote:

When you do your iperf tests, how are your router, wireless desktop, and wired desktop located located with respect to each other? In the same room or spaced throughout your house?

Wireless PC is a desktop so does not move. Has one wall between it and router and is about 10 feet from router. The other PC is Ethernet attached to the router and in same room as the router. Pretty simple setup. The Ethernet attached functions as the iperf server. Both PC's are running Windows 10 Pro.

For what it's worth, when I do an iperf throughput test under roughly the same conditions, I get 375 Mbit/s for the 5 GHz band. I have a desktop iMac ethernet attached to the router, and a laptop Mac roughly 10 feet away with one wall separating. Ethernet attached also functions as the iperf server. This is with DD-WRT, so the performance feels pretty good.

Wireless fits into the YMMV picture. Lots of things can influence things. Thanks for your info.

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: