Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H Latency Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
JuiceMane
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:09    Post subject: Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H Latency Problems Reply with quote
Hello everybody, I'm currently using the Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H router with firmware version DD-WRT v3.0-r30880 std (11/14/16).

I haven't updated it in a long time, but have been experiencing what seems like some pretty bad buffer bloat problems. When running no QoS my download speed is about 66 mbps with an upload of about 5.7 mbps.

I get a 25ms ping to google using cmd prompt that jumps up to around 35ms during the download portion of a speed test with a QoS limiting me to 55 mbps. Without a QoS the ping spikes to the 300ms range during the download portion. The upload portion is what gets me though, when running a QoS my ping will get up to over 2000ms and it seems to get worse the lower I limit my upload speed. Running no QoS the ping will get up to 500ms during the upload portion.

I'm running the FQ_CODEL discipline and have tried HFSC and HTB scheduler.

Am I running an unstable firmware is there any suggestions on the most stable version that supports my router? Any other tips or help would be greatly appreciated. I have just been ignoring it for a long time as I don't really upload much but I would like to get the problem tackled.
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
go to r33215 from the ftp link below, builds after that have more broken qos (in certain ways) thats still unfixed let alone acknowledged..

after that post a screenshot of qos settings page, what is the line from the isp? cable? xdsl? fiber? satellite? a dslreports.com/speedtest result link with qos off & no one using the line but u would benifit as well..

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

JuiceMane
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi thank you so much for the firmware suggestion and help. So far it is a major improvement here are the results

Before Qos

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/21792129

After QoS

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/21792181

Current Settings

https://imgur.com/a/6Sf13
JuiceMane
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think my problem may have been that I had my PC's MAC address prioritized to maximum on the last firmware I was running. I added it to this firmware and had it set to maximum and started experiencing buffer bloat on the tests. I take it that anything set to maximum will be able to go over the QoS limit?
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
not anymore, but i dont really see much of anything to do from what was shown to me & there was no mac entered. that about as good as qos gets until/IF its ever modernized & fixed (not counting isp side issues or other crap like intel puma 6 etc). can try checking ack priority when the mac is entered.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

JuiceMane
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just did 3 consecutive tests with my MAC prioritized to maximum and all packet types checked off each time the dslreports results showed an A score in buffer bloat but pinging google resulted in a spike to over 2000ms during the upload portion each time. I then removed the MAC applied and rebooted and did 3 more tests also scoring an A in buffer bloat while a ping to google never reached higher then a 80ms ping with an average of 35ms. I might mess around and see how premium and the other settings affect me later on, but for now it seems much more stable then it was previously.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
dont use mac then, looks like it too is broken some more, try netmask or none at all. using services with custom port/proto entries seems to work best currently

BrainSlayer wrote:

▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: