Extender issue with wrt1200ac v1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
sleeps1007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 0:22    Post subject: Extender issue with wrt1200ac v1 Reply with quote
I've flashed my router with the latest firmware, r33345, with no problems. I had trouble with my devices reaching 5G in certain places in my house so I bought an extender, Netgear EX7300, set everything up, and now every time I try to connect to the extender on both 2G and 5G it keeps disconnecting/reconnecting. I changed some wireless settings around with 5G on VTH80 and 2G on HT40 but still same issue. I restored my router to its factory firmware and after setting everything back up the problem went away. My question are there certain settings in order for the extender to function with a ddwrt router or is there a certain ddwrt firmware that works well with it?
Sponsor
sleeps1007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is anybody able to assist?
Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
By far the most robust way to connect an access point to a router is with a physical ethernet cable. If you cannot do this due to proximity issues, then the next best option is to use a pair of mains powerline units to enable that physical ethernet connection via your mains wiring.

The worst option is to attempt to connect via WiFi !

Firmware: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2021/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: