New Build - 09/19/2017 - r33375

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
ciscodlink
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, as you may know, this is a bugmenot account. I cant use my real account from work.

Thats not my opinion at all. Didnt even knew about that post.
Sponsor
fizikz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 21:16    Post subject: Re: done Reply with quote
sirtalis wrote:
"
enable ssh on your device
copy factory-to-ddwrt.bin to /tmp
dd if=/dev/mtdblock6 of=/tmp/boot.bin bs=1 count=131072
cd /tmp
cat factory-to-ddwrt.bin >> boot.bin
mtd -f write boot.bin fullflash
reboot
________
"

works fine, thx a lot

Careful!

You didn't mention that the above example code assumes:

1) fullflash partition is on mtdblock6 (check /proc/mtd)
2) the bootloader is 128KB (131072 bytes)

You must verify this info for your device or you get a permanent brick.
DAC324
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 19:30    Post subject: Re: done Reply with quote
fizikz wrote:
sirtalis wrote:
"
cd /tmp
reboot
________
"

works fine, thx a lot

Careful!

How do I accomplish that?

Thank you very much and kind regards,
DAC324
fizikz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check the thread for r33492 http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311600

Both assumptions seem to be valid in many cases.

It's easy to verify the first with

Code:
cat /proc/mtd
ddwrtsv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:09    Post subject: I am DESPERATE. Someone.. .anyone.. please help! Reply with quote
Hi all,
I registered on this site just to beg for help. I've been battling this problem for WEEKS.

My TP-Link Archer C7 v2 is stuck at build 33375. I have another problem that might be solved with future firmware, but I can't upgrade. I am desperate- please help!

I have read the specific thread about the issue, but the instructions are incredibly unclear, even for an advanced user. I don't need to be spoon fed, but can anyone advise on how I can force the upgrade via other method (cmd line? ) so I can upgrade to future versions.

Again, I am desperate. The only other solution is to buy new hardware and money is very tight right now due to medical bills. Sad

I need instructions on how to recover from the Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33375 std (09/19/17)
Detection
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:18    Post subject: Re: I am DESPERATE. Someone.. .anyone.. please help! Reply with quote
ddwrtsv wrote:
Hi all,
I registered on this site just to beg for help. I've been battling this problem for WEEKS.

My TP-Link Archer C7 v2 is stuck at build 33375. I have another problem that might be solved with future firmware, but I can't upgrade. I am desperate- please help!

I have read the specific thread about the issue, but the instructions are incredibly unclear, even for an advanced user. I don't need to be spoon fed, but can anyone advise on how I can force the upgrade via other method (cmd line? ) so I can upgrade to future versions.

Again, I am desperate. The only other solution is to buy new hardware and money is very tight right now due to medical bills. Sad

I need instructions on how to recover from the Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33375 std (09/19/17)

You're desperate because you are stuck on a 12 week old build?

Desperate?

Router works doesn't it?

Medical bills.... lol

If you need help just ask, but don't come in going on as if your life depends on it, just sounds pathetic

And if you had done any searching at all, you would have read the thread for the build after that one, and found solutions to your problem

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Desperate?

Did you even bother reading my posts, or do you just get off from being a troll in these forums?

Yes, there is a bug in this firmware which is preventing cameras operating properly. New firmware fixed it. So yes, desperate, especially because my C7 got bricked after following instructions here (which FYI didn't work because of the partition issue)

Quote:

Medical bills.... lol

I fail to see what my chemo-bills from 2 bouts of esophageal cancer makes you want to laugh. It really speaks to your character...

Quote:

If you need help just ask, but don't come in going on as if your life depends on it, just sounds pathetic

And if you had done any searching at all, you would have read the thread for the build after that one, and found solutions to your problem

I did ask. I told you I was desperate. I DID google, search internally and externally.

The instructions in the specific threads about the upgrade issues didn't work. It worked only when I bricked my C7 and restored using a YouTube video. None of the instructions on this site worked.

[/quote]
Detection
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddwrtsv wrote:
Quote:
Desperate?

Did you even bother reading my posts, or do you just get off from being a troll in these forums?

Yes, there is a bug in this firmware which is preventing cameras operating properly. New firmware fixed it. So yes, desperate, especially because my C7 got bricked after following instructions here (which FYI didn't work because of the partition issue)

Quote:

Medical bills.... lol

I fail to see what my chemo-bills from 2 bouts of esophageal cancer makes you want to laugh. It really speaks to your character...

Quote:

I did ask. I told you I was desperate. I DID google, search internally and externally.

The instructions in the specific threads about the upgrade issues didn't work. It worked only when I bricked my C7 and restored using a YouTube video. None of the instructions on this site worked.

[/quote]

Using cancer as a cry for help for updating your router firmware is despicable, you should be ashamed

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:41    Post subject: Re: done Reply with quote
fizikz wrote:
sirtalis wrote:
"
cd /tmp
reboot
________
"

works fine, thx a lot

Careful!

I tried to connect with ssh but the router does not go. I checked the settings and the password but nothing. I connect with telnet but I do not know how to copy the file to the tmp folder from my computer. I also tried with filezilla but without success. Can you give me a hand? Bye!
c7rax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Detection wrote:

Using cancer as a cry for help for updating your router firmware is despicable, you should be ashamed

Even if this is not my matter, the despicable is trolling and laughing from someone with really serious medical issues. He didn't ask for new feature, just a fix or help in router upgrading.
Detection
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
c7rax wrote:
Detection wrote:

Even if this is not my matter, the despicable is trolling and laughing from someone with really serious medical issues. He didn't ask for new feature, just a fix or help in router upgrading.

No he didn't, the only reason this is being discussed is because he brought it up in post 1 from him, then again in post 2, no-one asked him, he thought he could leverage some sympathy by crying about medical bills, no-one asked him about that

Asking for help goes like this:

Hi, I can't upgrade my firmware, can someone help?

Attention seeking goes like this:

I have medical bills, I have cancer, someone give me attention and prioritise me over everyone else

-
When you've been on forums as long as me, you see this exact claim over and over, and it is always medical bills, every time, just BS

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, enough of that. If anyone has an answer to his upgrade question, answer it. No more discussion of medical issues or I'll send you all to your rooms.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Ok, enough of that. If anyone has an answer to his upgrade question, answer it. No more discussion of medical issues or I'll send you all to your rooms.

I agree with Detection that it looks like he's looking for attention using his medical bills. We (all) do not know if that is true or if anybody else is suffering worse but not using it openly like he is/was. How do you know if I'm fighting with cancer or not? You don't because I do not speak about it. I come here to learn and if I can to share what I know or found out

The solution was and is still here (link)... and is pretty straightforward
https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311642

The thing is, if you don't know the basics to upgrade/install a 3rd party firmware like this, just stick with the retail version. You'll save time and money (Because as I said, if you don't know you'll need time to learn or money to pay to someone to do it for you)

The most important thing, he has (or had) a working firmware. He just wanted to upgrade, that is a choice not a need. The router was/is working fine with r33375 (he said that). You don't need to buy another one (and spend money) if you have a working router.
I actually was in the same spot he is/was with r33375, but I knew I could do it so i choose to do it, I didn't need it though.

-

In my case a recently choose to upgrade (again, because after r33375 the web-upgrade doesn't work and you have to do it manually always) and bricked the router in the process, but I took that path because I knew I could unbrick it so it was a controlled risk. I didn't need to upgrade, I lost time looking for the serial adapter that I bought a year ago. Gladly I didn't have solder because I did that in the past and have already cables attached to the pins to connect the adapter. Like I said a controlled risk. A choice not a need. And why I choose to upgrade because apparently the web-upgrade is fixed. I still don't know because I haven't have time to upgrade to test and stay without a working router if it doesn't work (choose not to, a calculated risk)

-

@Malachi
yes daddy Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
@rscm, no dinner for you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
On linux I deleted any iptables rules.
What am I doing wrong?

Code:

root@DD-WRT:~# scp -P 22 utenteop@192.168.1.122:~"/media/computer64bit/DATI-SSD/Tmp/dd-wrt/factory-to-ddwrt.bin" /tmp

/usr/bin/dbclient: Connection to utenteop@192.168.1.122:22 exited: Connect failed: Connection refused

Bye
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: