DIR-825 B1 NO WAN IP 0.0.0.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
highusers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 0:08    Post subject: DIR-825 B1 NO WAN IP 0.0.0.0 Reply with quote
ROUTER: DIR-825 B1
MODEM: ARRIS TM822
ISP: VIDEOTRON

Hi, for the past two days I've tried getting internet from my router without success. I tried multiple firmwares but nothing, always the same error. I have the web interface perfectly running but I can't get a WAN IP. I've tried cloning my MAC address, 30-30-30 reset, power cycle and still nothing. The only time I got DD-WRT to work it was on a really really old build(14896) and that build was known to be too slow(a good 3-5 minutes to change a tab in the web interface) to be usable and the download speed was drastically reduced. Something that comes to my mind would be the fact that I had to change(with hex editor):
....00AP94-AR7161-RT-080619-00
in the .bin file completely at the end to:
....00AP94-AR7161-RT-080619-02
because my router comes from my ISP and they only allow firmware made by them but by changing the last number, it recognizes is it as my ISP firmware.
I went back to the factory firmware and everything works perfectly fine but as soon as I get on DD-WRT, same problem no internet. I don't have my firewall activated or any anti-virus that could interfere.
I've read the peacock thread part 14 and still nothing after trying ever single step.
Sponsor
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:10    Post subject: ISP connection Reply with quote
What type of connection is your ISP providing? DHCP, static IP, PPPoE, etc. You need to have the correct one selected in dd-wrt or it will not work. DD-WRT will default to auto DHCP on the WAN side, which is what most cable ISP providers use, phone line ISP providers often use PPPoE and the others are a mix.

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
Netgear R7800 x3 - WDS AP / station, gateway, QoS
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 615 C1/E3/I1 x 7 - 1 WDS station
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
D-Link 862L A1 x2 - WDS Station
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Linksys EA6400 - Gateway, QoS
Asus N66U - AP
Netgear WNDR3700v3 - not used
MediaTek
UBNT EdgeRouter X - switch
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:33    Post subject: Re: DIR-825 B1 NO WAN IP 0.0.0.0 Reply with quote
highusers wrote:
I've read the peacock thread part 14 and still nothing after trying ever single step.

ignore that hideously incorrect thread, thankfully its in the broadcom section only which is the entirely wrong place to be looking, this is a qualcomm atheros unit.

and videotron is a cable company in french canada, 99% dhcp

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

highusers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes I know I shouldn't of been there but after spending two days testing I thought that it would've maybe worked. And my ISP is providing DHCP like tatsuya46 mentioned.
highusers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
- I've tried many builds (maybe 6)
- One of them worked but it's too slow and reduced my internet speed too drastically to be used. (5MB/s to 300-500 kB/s)
- 30-30-30 is really weird for me to perform considering the last 30 seconds when plugging back the power coord my router goes into firmware router recovery mode (i don't know if that's just how it's supposed to be) but I have to power cycle it after or else it stays like that.
- I tried unplugging the modem/router for several minutes and plug them back in different orders and still didn't work.
- The online LED doesn't blink at all on my modem when connected to my DD-WRT router.
- Router globe led stays orange with nothing happening.
- I tried following this guide : https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-825
- Tried mac cloning still nothing worked.
- Tried renewing/releasing DHCP
- Tried multiple guides on the internet about still can't find a way to make it work. I'm new to this so maybe there's something I'm missing.
- I don't know if it's not working because I edit the firmware bin file and changed one number like I wrote above.

If anybody has something I can try or have questions about my equipment and stuff please ask me I'm desperate.
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:32    Post subject: MAC Reply with quote
Does the MAC address change when you put dd-wrt on the router?

I am currently using 33215 on my D-Link 825 B1.

As for changing the file in the hex editor, that should only matter in order to get the factory firmware to accept the upgrade. Once the router is running dd-wrt, the router should no longer look for that particular hex value, it may, but I doubt it.

Just to be clear, this is just a wireless router, not a router/modem combo? dd-wrt does not and will never support router/modem combos.

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
Netgear R7800 x3 - WDS AP / station, gateway, QoS
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 615 C1/E3/I1 x 7 - 1 WDS station
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
D-Link 862L A1 x2 - WDS Station
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Linksys EA6400 - Gateway, QoS
Asus N66U - AP
Netgear WNDR3700v3 - not used
MediaTek
UBNT EdgeRouter X - switch
highusers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
No the MAC Address stays the same and no my modem is just a modem not a combo. And for the hex editor part I have to do it because the D-LINK Recovery Mode won't accept my firmware unless it has the little 2 that I was talking about. If I don't put it it says upgrade failed no matter if it's the factory firmware or the DD-WRT one. I just contacted my ISP and the only thing he told me was : When I check it shows that there's no router attached to the modem. I asked him about the connection he said DHCP. I tried getting more information on the fact that I'm using DD-WRT but just because I'm not running their own custom firmware they didn't want to to answer me. Right now I'm runing D-LINK 2.09 and it's working perfectly but when it comes to touching DD-WRT nothing. What suprises me is why would this special old build that I tried worked and all of these other ones don't.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
does it have a mac address in the setup -> networking tab under root mac? on current builds only.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

highusers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
It does have a mac address
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is the interface active after you have plugged in the modem?
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
what is your modem GUI IP it must be different from your router GUI IP ...
I had a case where i was trying IP's and i always was on duplicate IP, i always had the wrong one like some ISP switch or router IP part of the web/network, so it took me a time to find non occupied ISP one Smile something like 192.168.129.70 for my router....
make sure you manually add the same mac address and make sure it's is in correct syntax...so capital letters only

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
highusers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is weird but to access my modem GUI I have to unplug my coaxial cable first or else I'm not able to access it. The only way for me to make it work was by directly connectiing my modem to my pc brcause I wasn't able to find the default gateway to access it. I've checked on numerous websites what was the default ip for it and couldn't find it. I tried many without any success. The IP was like my WAN IP with a 1 at the end instead of being the exact same one as my WAN IP.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
If the address of your modem is 192.168.1.1, then change the lan address of your router to 192.168.2.1
highusers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I already tried changing the lan address to so many different things ex: 192.168.6.1 7.1 100.1 still the same thing.
highusers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
And my biggest question is why on earth all the firmwares that i've tried not working except an old build that is so laggy that it's impossible to use and that drastically reduce my download speed. This part confuses me a lot. I've tried putting that firmware twice and both time it worked but for the other ten firmwares that I've tried I can't get a single one to work.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: