dd-wrt - wrt54g v3 setup assistance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ijon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 19:01    Post subject: dd-wrt - wrt54g v3 setup assistance Reply with quote
I go through the set up of my wrt54g v3 Lynksys router. Router show up strong signal whole works and it won"t connect. I have been trying this forever. Never can get it to connect to the internet. Help. I am seventythree and trying to learn.
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
did you do all the necessary settings as it should??
what DD-WRT version its running, what is your connection interface, Static IP, Dynamic, PPPoE, if you have a DSL modem before is your modem in bridge mode?? What do you mean not connected to internet, there is no WAN connection or your wi-fi client is unable to connect???
give us more details about your settings and desired goal...
post some pic of your settings...
Not to disappoint you but this router is very old and slow as well if not flashed appropriately it may not work, as well it will not work with bad settings or burned WAN port...was there a state in the past when this router was operational with its current DD-WRT firmware... if if not may be its time for a new router... Sad

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thread doesn't belongs to this section, should go to Broadcom, and title should be more useful for readers. Issue erase nvram && reboot on Administration - Commands tab and setup everything again, as guys already suggested.
R6250 - BS 29193 running since 03/20/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - DNSMasq - AdBlocking)
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Subject title changed and moved to correct forum.

redhawk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 15:51    Post subject: Re: dd-wrt - wrt54g v3 setup assistance Reply with quote
ijon wrote:
I go through the set up of my wrt54g v3 Lynksys router. Router show up strong signal whole works and it won"t connect. I have been trying this forever. Never can get it to connect to the internet. Help. I am seventythree and trying to learn.

You will have to explain what you have the WRT54G connected to and maybe some other details like some info from the WRT54G GUI pages.
dd-wrt default router IP is 192.168.1.1 ... this may in fact be a conflict if you have it plugged into a modem that also has LAN IP in the 192.168.1.0 subnet.
Here is a helpful link to click around on >> http://www.dd-wrt.com/demo/

We probably need to see what (from your router) this page shows:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/demo/Status_Internet.asp
and this page
http://www.dd-wrt.com/demo/index.asp

other helpful info (some is outdated) >> http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Tutorials
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: