Linksys wrt1900acv2 connection problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
337am
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:29    Post subject: Linksys wrt1900acv2 connection problem Reply with quote
I just purchased a wrt1900acv2 from newegg. It will not recognize the internet connection. I did a brief search, and tried the basic techniques suggested by linksys support. Nothing worked. I have fiber optic internet, with the outside wall mounted modem. My old router works, and I can plug the cable straight into my pc and it works as well. I also found out that if I plug the 1900acv2 into my old router it works. So, I thought it might be a firmware problem so I installed the latest dd-wrt. Same issue.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Sponsor
spuriousoffspring
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
It could be a few things and since I don't know what Linksys Support considers "basic troubleshooting" the best thing is to start from scratch.

In the DD-WRT GUI go to the Administration Tab and Factory Defaults Sub-Tab.
*Restore Factory Defaults then Apply Settings

When Router fully comes back up turn OFF.
Also unplug Modem.
*Wait at least 5 minutes...

Plug Modem only back in
*Wait at least 3 minutes...

Turn Router back on and once it fully comes up: configure DD-WRT

Make sure the DD-WRT version is correct for your router's Model and Hardware Versions'.

Linksys WRT1900AC v2 latest Firmware: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/09-19-2017-r33375/linksys-wrt1900acv2/

This should eliminate Firmware from list of possible causes.

WRT32X DD-WRT Installation Procedure
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=315569

IPVanish OpenVPN Client Setup TUTORIAL
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=308565

FIRMWARE: OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r8217-2cc821e / LuCI Master (git-18.276.41146-280dd33)
MODEM: ARRIS SURFBoard SB8200
ROUTER: Linksys WRT32X
USB NAS: Western Digital BLACK 1 TB Hardrive + Startech USB 3.0 External SATA III Enclosure
macsbug
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are 2 things that I would try here to fix this.

1st is to have the WRT1900ACS plugged in and then restart the modem by disconnecting it from power for 30 seconds.

If you can't power down the modem, go to your old router and write down the MAC address for the router. Then in the WRT1900ACS Clone the MAC address to the address of your old router.

In dd-wrt you do this under Setup -> Clone MAC address

MacsBug

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code...

This post made with only 100% RECYCLED ELECTRONS!!
wadeshuler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
A lot of times the modem is "locked" to the device. ie: if your PC is plugged in ethernet direct to the modem, or your router is plugged into the modem.

In your situation, you need to restart the modem to get it to recognize the new router. Unplug both your router and the modem. Let them sit for 30 seconds. Plug back in the modem. Wait until the lights calm down, giving it enough time to boot up and connect to your ISP. Then plugin in the router. Again, wait about 30 seconds and give it time to connect. It should work. If not, and your modem has a reset button, press and hold it for 30 seconds until the lights go out.

If it still doesn't work, repeat it 1 more time, or unplug both and come back 30 minutes later.. After that, then something else is wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: