Tp link Archer c7 v4 EU

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Technobabble wrote:
thegr8anand wrote:
How can i go back to stock firmware?

I'd link you directly to the file if I could. Start here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=betas

Click:
10-10-2017-r33492
tplink_archer-c7-v4

And in there you'll see both the (I think) newest dd-wrt build and the original image.

there is no original file placed there. there is a factory-to-ddwrt.bin which is for flashing from tplinks original firmware and there is a webflash image which is used for upgrading existing dd-wrt firmwares

for flashing back to original firmware you may use the tftp recovery method (which doesnt seem to work for me unfortunatly)
or you extract the uimage + filesystem from the tplink firmware and flash it using the mtd command to the linux partition

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i see nobody is willing to test. very helpful

Last week I bought a Archer 1750 v4 and flashed it with brand new image from dd-wrt (tplink_archer-c7-v4.bin).

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/10-10-2017-r33492/tplink_archer-c7-v4/

After the first 24h the WLAN and Ethernet seams to working properly with some minor exceptions. The LEDs (WPS and Internet) doesn't show the real state (always on). As well the snmp feature is missing.

But OpenVPN works like a charm.

If you like a keep you posted?

Regards Thomas
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
the wps shows the security state and nothing else. so its off if your wifi is unsecured. the internet led is orange if you're offline and is green if your wan port got dhcp or any other connection.

beside this i made a patch right now which reduced the boottime alot. the v4 has some performance problem with the flash memory. this has been fixed right now (internally)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i made a patch right now which reduced the boottime alot.

Will this only apply for the V4 or will apply for the other versions of C7? On the V2 what is annoying during boot time is that it assigns the IP, Gateway and the other network settings to the wired clients and then it goes down for a minute. When it comes back on the wired clients do not see the network again until using the repair connection on PC. Any chance to have an improvement on this?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
it may affect also other routers including the v2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
here a v2 image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, I will try and come back with the results.
numerci
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
The update for V2 went fine and I can only say: WOW!
1. The boot time was about 30 seconds... from the 2-3 minutes before.
2. No more repeated connect/disconnect on the LAN devices. Something must have went wrong before during boot which resulted in multiple init procedures.
3. The USB storage's was loaded each time in the same place. Fixed by changing other stuff I presume.
4. The WPS LED problem seem to be gone too.
5. The TX rate seem to be correct now also.

I really like this version and I will keep it. Smile Thanks for the fixes.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
the repeated disconnect is normal. the bootloader does initialize lan and dd-wrt as well. both will reset the switch which leads to a short connection loss

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
In my view now the C7 V2 behaves normally like the other devices running DD-WRT I have. Before it was "special" and not in a good way. Thanks for the fix.

The only small issue remaining is that the LAN LED's are not on if a non gigabit device is connected but if I correctly remember those are hardware controlled on V2 and you cannot do much. A bit annoying not to be able to see that a device is connected.
numerci
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
24h later and 33522 still works fine. Just noticed a small bug (maybe), the Spectral Scan is not working for the 5G Wifi. It works fine for the 2.4G
Kinzo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have installed r33525 and everything seems to be good with one exception, i cannot see my 5g band at all, have set to channel 36 as recommended via some googling however no joy.

Also suffered a random drop in all connectivity, couldn't access the web interface or anything, had to reboot router.

Also is there a webrevert available at the moment?
admiralscott40
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:59    Post subject: usb tethering Archer C7 V4 Reply with quote
I was able to get the firmware on a new C7 V4 and it works. My question, is is possible to get usb tethering using a tablet running Android 6.0 and Foxfi usb tethering for a wan connection?

I found some forums and went through those. The router does not seem to be taking the acm.o kernel. The router recognized the Samsung device, but would not show the following:

usb.c: registered new driver acm
acm.c: v0.21:USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters

Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks in advance.
bemquerer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 23:40    Post subject: 1043 v4 Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
and if you can't wait and willing to test on own risk. here is the flash image which can be flashed from tplinks web interface

I tried many different approachs to install the beta u gave us (thanks) but i am getting error Error code: 18011 . I also tried using TFTP (renamed the file of course) and it didnt work too.

My version is EU. 1043 V4

Can u send fixed file? Thanks very much.
ciscodlink
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 16:31    Post subject: :) Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have a Archer C7 V4 and flashed ddwrt and is working great. I tried to flash back the original using the mtd command to the linux partition and it bricked.

I de-bricked following this https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wdr7500#tftp_recovery_de-bricking had to be quick and use a PC with gigabit port since the router only stayed for about 5 or 6seconds on failsafe mode. Renamed factory-to-ddwrt.bin to ArcherC7v4_tp_recovery.bin and is working again with ddwrt. Original bin didn't work on failsafe.

One feature that I really really miss from original is the night mode to adjust on/off the LEDs.

But overall I'm happy with it Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: