Forwarding to networks with same IP Range

Silent_ninja1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 14:20    Post subject: Forwarding to networks with same IP Range Reply with quote
Im faced with an industrial network where the machine building configured a line to use the same IP scope as the line next to it, producing an identical machine. Shutting down the line and re-addressing everything would mean 2 days of downtime (many industrial devices are on dip switches or need to be power cycled to change addresses, and some of these or ticked in raceways almost 2 stories up on top of a furnace.

So, the goal is to set a router with wan on say 1.1.1.100, then lan on 1.1.2.1 to forward traffic to router 2 with wan on 1.1.2.2 with lan on 1.1.1.1 and all traffic forwarded to a device on 1.1.1.2

I really just need 3 ports to make it all the way through and back, 44818, 2222, and 80. Just configuring DMZ on both routers dosnt seem to do the trick. I was looking into policy based routing, but unless im doing something wrong that didnt seem to help either.

If I change router 1 wan to 1.1.3.1, it all works but it seems the source address is making it all the way through so when its on the lan side of router 2, it cant come back.

I have a couple asus rt-n12 routers, an netgear r8000, and can pick up about anything else that might do the job.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: