PBR breaks Masquerade?

Greenleafs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 22:29    Post subject: PBR breaks Masquerade? Reply with quote
I have a WRT3200ACM running build 33345, connected as an OVPN client to another router.

When no PBR is set up it works as expected, routing all traffic down the tunnel.

When I add the IP of one machine into the PBR textbox on the VPN page; the rest of the LAN routes around the tunnel, but that IP looses internet connection.

When I tcpdump on the tun interface I see the outgoing traffic from and reply traffic to the Masquerade IP, but tcpdumping on br0 and eth0 I can see that this is not then forwarded back on to the LAN IP?
Sponsor
flakie
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:08    Post subject: Re: PBR breaks Masquerade? Reply with quote
Greenleafs wrote:
When I add the IP of one machine into the PBR textbox on the VPN page; the rest of the LAN routes around the tunnel, but that IP looses internet connection.

On the Basic Setup page disable the SFE (Shortcut Forwarding Engine) if not already done so.

ISP: Virgin Media 350/35 Mbps

Greenleafs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:38    Post subject: Re: PBR breaks Masquerade? Reply with quote
flakie wrote:
On the Basic Setup page disable the SFE (Shortcut Forwarding Engine) if not already done so.

That worked! It now routes as anticipated again.

Are there any configuration options for the SFE? After a few experiments I note that the bridge to bridge routing speed is tripled by SFE for small MTUs...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: