I have a question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
deviluper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 13:01    Post subject: I have a question Reply with quote
hey,
I am a complete noob to ddwrt

I am in search of
1-"Can i put my TP-LINK 841nd v.8 router in monitor mode ? AND Can it be used with Aircrack-ng (which requires the wireless to be in monitor mode)?"

I known that the wireless usb adapter can be put to monitor mode using Aircrack-ng ! but i dont have any usb wireless adapter!
so i was wondering if i could use my home router as a wireless adapter that to in monitor mode !

ALSO, the new Pineapple Mark 5 which is a pentest hardware tool, uses Atheros ar9331 chipset and it out of the box supports monitor mode and aircrack-ng and TP-LINK 841nd uses Atheros ar9341. SO i thought that somehow we could also make the N841 router work as a wireless adapter and make it work in monitor mode which is the requirement for different pen test tools

If YES then How can i accomplish/do it ?
please help me

"EVEN LITTLE INFORMATION CAN BE VERY VALUABLE"
thanks in advance

Last edited by deviluper on Fri Jan 24, 2014 17:57; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
shayne85
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
No.
deviluper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:21    Post subject: Re: I have a question Reply with quote
deviluper wrote:
hey,
I am a complete noob to ddwrt

I am in search of
1-"Can i put my TP-LINK 841nd v.8 router in monitor mode ? AND Can it be used with Aircrack-ng (which requires the wireless to be in monitor mode)?"

I known that the wireless usb adapter can be put to monitor mode using Aircrack-ng ! but i dont have any usb wireless adapter!
so i was wondering if i could use my home router as a wireless adapter that to in monitor mode !

ALSO, the new Pineapple Mark 5 which is a pentest hardware tool, uses Atheros ar9331 chipset and it out of the box supports monitor mode and aircrack-ng and TP-LINK 841nd uses Atheros ar9341. SO i thought that somehow we could also make the N841 router work as a wireless adapter and make it work in monitor mode which is the requirement for different pen test tools

If YES then How can i accomplish/do it ?
please help me

"EVEN LITTLE INFORMATION CAN BE VERY VALUABLE"
thanks in advance

I just realised how dumb I was as in mark 5 there are 2 radios one for AP and another one for monitor mode. The ar9331 is used for AP and rtl8187 for monitoring Nd raw injection.

But I still want to know that can my router wireless can be put in monitor mode?
deviluper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 18:33    Post subject: Updated info Reply with quote
Please help me guys.

I did some more research and found out that it will be impossible to put the wireless on wr841n in monitor mode because I had to get airmong-ng on the router and reaver package also. But as the packages are too large in size to be loaded on a 4mb ROM.
It is likely to be better that is buy a wireless adapter and load the packages on the ccomputer itself.

I hope that what I have understood is correct
Any comments and opinions are welcome....

If anybody has any information which can help please reply
Thanks in advance
sahil sharma
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have installed airomon-ng in my asus merlin using entware but still that doesn't help putting device in monitor mode as it requires wireless-tools which is not present in entware soft. repository!
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
sahil sharma wrote:
I have installed airomon-ng in my asus merlin using entware but still that doesn't help putting device in monitor mode as it requires wireless-tools which is not present in entware soft. repository!

Very good reviving a 4 year old post that doesn't even solve the problem.

R6250 - BS 29193 running since 03/20/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - DNSMasq - AdBlocking)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: