help sky broadband

tibs01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 16:56    Post subject: help sky broadband Reply with quote
hello i have been playing with this all day and its driving me nuts , ive just gone out and brought a linksys wr1900acs , i have tried using the blabla@sky|password

string using openwrt , that isnt working i have tried sticking the LAN mac address from my sky q router in alao , i have tried ppoe i have tried ppoa i have tried dhcp client connect that wont have it , the current setup is as follows..

i have a openreach modem which is bt openreach echolife hg612 into a linksys wrt1900acs , ive also tried using a hex converter on this forum to convert the blabla@sky|password into hex and put that into the client id field i have also reset the modem into bridge mode/ip the dsl light comes on and stays solid but i have also bridged my sky q router into WAN mode and it wont connect via the btopenreach modem , i dont know if the settings in the openreach modem are wrong which is that its pointing to i just feel like ive brought this router for no reason.. what a waste of money , i dont know what else todo , i run servers and need a faster router on my network the skyq router is just so rubbish every 400 hours i have to restart it im getting fedup with it.. this is my last thing i can do... if anyone has any idea please help.. i can use the sky q router as a modem and connect the router upto that via the lan ports , but then i wont be able to route incomming to my servers as the skyq will have the public ip..

i have read verious forums and people have managed to get it working , ive followed all the steps it just dont seem to work , maybe the openreach modem is configed wrong i have opened it and have control panel access i have reset it to default...

someone help me asap...

cheers

steve
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: