No security on client side of repeater bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
danc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 21:14    Post subject: No security on client side of repeater bridge Reply with quote
I have two linksys routers (E1200/E900 with v3.0-r29519 mega) configured in repeater bridge mode. Works fine ... However, today my daughter told me that her friend did not need a password to access our wifi. Turns out to be true, if you connect to the repeater client no password is necessary and you have access to the network and internet, if you connect to the main router i have to enter the passphrase.

The setup is according to the posts i have found here and on other sites with the same name and passphrase for both main router and the bridge client. Im using identical WPA2/AES settings on both routers. What can i have messed up?
Sponsor
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:32    Post subject: Re: No security on client side of repeater bridge Reply with quote
danc wrote:
The setup is according to the posts i have found here and on other sites with the same name and passphrase for both main router and the bridge client. Im using identical WPA2/AES settings on both routers. What can i have messed up?
Set up like this? You're sure there aren't any other VAP/guest SSID's? Otherwise try a reset and manual setup, or newer build. FYI, the latest k3x build will work on E1200v2 and E900 (and E1500), unlike most other 8MB models.
|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
danc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 13:16    Post subject: Re: No security on client side of repeater bridge Reply with quote
Im pretty sure i used some other guide (i was sure i found it on this site though) but i redid the whole thing according to your link and now it works, cant remember anything being different though. Ill check out the latest builds too. Many thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: