R7000 used as WAP, guest network not works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
giuliomagnifico
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:13    Post subject: R7000 used as WAP, guest network not works Reply with quote
Hi, I have a trouble with my R7000 (running on 37015M Kong) I'm not able to create a working guest network.

I used this guide https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1047143#1047143 and all went ok, I created the virtual interface, changed the DNSMasq and iptables setting etc... but my devices still can't navigate internet.

Maybe the trouble is because of my network, it's not properly a WAP because it is connected to my main router (R7800 with WAN) via cable and then it amplifies the wifi signal with the same SSID.

I don't know what's wrong with the virtual interface, I think something with the routing on iptables but I can't figure what. Any help is appreciate.

I used this command as on the linked post:
Code:
iptables -I FORWARD -i wl0.1 -d `nvram get lan_ipaddr`/`nvram get lan_netmask` -m state --state NEW -j DROP
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o br0 -j SNAT --to `nvram get lan_ipaddr`

and in DNSMasq
Code:
interface=wl0.1
dhcp-option=wl0.1,3,192.168.10.1
dhcp-range=wl0.1,192.168.10.2,192.168.10.30,255.255.255.0,12h

Thanks
Sponsor
giuliomagnifico
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I solved by myself, it's incredible how a little stupid thing can broke all: I only forget to insert the Local DNS on the front page Laughing

Now all the things work and my devices can connect online.

Just one (stupid) question. My Virtual Interface is wl0.1, so If I turn off the wl0 (2.4GHz, I don't use it) via the 'Wireless Network Mode - Disabled' menu, it turns off also the virtual interface Question

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: