New to dd-wrt - which firmware for R7800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
thebroughfamily
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 13:51    Post subject: New to dd-wrt - which firmware for R7800 Reply with quote
Hello all, merry christmas firstly!

On topic, im a new R7800 owner and wanting to update my router to dd-wrt, ive been reading in the forums and seen lots of posts but i have a question if you can spare me 5 mins.

Ive seen a post which says use r37495 as its "all working"

and ive seen in lots of peoples signatures they are using r37900 which is a newer version.

However ive just gone onto the Kong site to download what i need and it makes no reference to what version it is, its just labelled as Netgear R7800.

What version would be most suitable for a family router, dont really need much fancy stuff.

Thank you in advance.

Tom
Sponsor
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use the one in Kong test folder:
R7800-factory-to-ddwrt.img 2018-12-22
It will be 38065. It is working great for me and most others. See here for reports about this build.
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=317924

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad (1.1M blocked) + Blocklist Collection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: