Router no longer responds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Nylink
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:40    Post subject: Router no longer responds Reply with quote
Hello,

I have a Linksys WRT54GS v.6 (bought it before I researched it, my fault), and it was working with the DDWRT Beta micro build from 8/15/2007. However, when I updated it to the latest RC (RC 7 micro), I lost all internet connectivity. The update said it was a sucess, I had no power failure or anything of the sort.

I powercycled my router/modem after a few hours of rebooting the modem through the admin page. After power cycling, my router no longer lets me get to the admin page, because I get an error message stating that the page cannot be found. I can't access the router anymore.

The Cisco systems light doesn't turn on anymore, and when I restart my router via power cycling, the power button flashes for a bit before it gets going.

Any help would be appreciated
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Press and hold the reset button on the back for 30 seconds...let it boot up.

Open your browser and clear cache/cookies (or try another browser)

Navigate to 192.168.1.1 See if you can access it now.

redhawk

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
That did the trick, thank you.

I had to reboot the modem a few more times as well as the router. The router didn't let me log in with "root" admin combo for like 10 minutes. I had to do that 30 second trick again.

Thanks a lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: