LAN Port closing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
zwerdlds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 21:57    Post subject: LAN Port closing Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I have a WRT54GS v6 which I recently put DD-WRT, and configured as a repeater bridge to my house's WiFi. The bridge connects two clients (and XBox 360 and a PC). The issue is that periodically one of the LAN ports on the router will disconnect. Usually it happens specifically to the PC, but it has happened to the XBox. When the computer indicates that the connection has closed, I check out the router and the light for the port on which the computer is connected will be blinking about once a second. If I unplug the cable on that port, the blinking ceases. If I then plug the cable into another port, that port's light then begins to blink at the same pace.

Power cycling the router resolves the problem, but it recurs often.

I do not have anything special going on with this router. No quotas, no firewall, just the vanilla install plus repeater bridge mode.

Does anyone have any advice regarding this issue?
Sponsor
Mordak
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
What specific build number are you using? The recommended builds are EKO 12533: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn12533 and EKO 12548: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn12548 Remember MICRO ONLY!!! Try one of these build and read the Peacock thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486 and announcements at the top of the forum: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1 Good luck and have fun. Very Happy

ASUS AC3200
Linksys WRT32X
Linksys WRT3200 ACM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: