Repeater Bridge mode - DHCP not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
RcRaCk2k
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
If there is a driver problem with NEWD, you can try the VINT one?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fothers%2Feko%2FV24_FINAL-VINT/

I've found this link while browsing in the download-archive.

RcRaCk2k.
Sponsor
RcRaCk2k
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry but i can not test this configuration - but whats about the following configuration :

DHCP-Server <eth0>-----<eth0> DHCP-FWD <br0>-----<br0> REPEATER-BRIDGE <br0>-----<eth0> DHCP-Client

ORANGE = Wired ... RED = Wireless

Is the client able to assign an IP-Address via DHCP-Discovery with v24-final-NEWD?

Thanks.
RcRaCk2k.
Aiden1945
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
It does not work for me. My version is NEWD.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think you guys are misunderstanding my earlier post....just because the driver was the VINT driver from RC5 doesn't mean it would allow DHCP pass-through in Repeater Bridge mode....I am just saying that the current VINT builds of V24 have the same driver as RC5.

DHCP pass-through still won't work. You must connect a RB unit to a DHCP serving unit (and Repeater Bridge is not DHCP serving)

redhawk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Redhawk, I've been replying to threads for the last two days about this issue, and have my own thread about it (LINK).

In client bridge or repeater bridge, using 2.4 final build 9526, DHCP requests do NOT get sent to my main router; the computers only work if set to a static IP address. Confused
RcRaCk2k
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
In Repeating Bridge mode, is this a normal issue, that all clients behind the bridge assumes the same mac-address to wan-side?

Is it able to get a real wrireless bridge between AP and Client through a dd-wrt running bridge?

The only workaround that i know is to setup the "dd-wrt running bridge" as a wireless client. You have to setup an Ethernet over IP Tunnel and bridge the lan interface with tunnel together.

In this setup, all clients served in the same subnet and dhcp works for all.

Thanks,
RcRaCk2k
hfelsh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
RcRaCk2k wrote:
In Repeating Bridge mode, is this a normal issue, that all clients behind the bridge assumes the same mac-address to wan-side?
No, it's definitely not "a normal issue", because apparently in v2.3 this was not the case. Confused I have not had the time nor the inclination to downgrade from 2.4 final to 2.3 (SP1 or SP2) and test this out, though I probably will soon.

There's a LOT of people reporting this issue, myself included. *Something* got broken in 2.4... Sad
alain
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
No, it's definitely not "a normal issue", because apparently in v2.3 this was not the case. Confused

V23 has no repeater nor repeater bridged mode...
RcRaCk2k
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
alain wrote:
Quote:
No, it's definitely not "a normal issue", because apparently in v2.3 this was not the case. Confused

V23 has no repeater nor repeater bridged mode...

Well... I've tested v23, v23 RC1 and v23 RC2 ... in all three firmwares, there is no repeater mode! In use of Client-Bridge nothing works! No DHCP and no static ip-address.

I think that the issue with the mac-address is wifi-protocol based and can never be fixed ?!?

Did anyone have a captured packet of an wifi-link in pcap format, so i can analyse the headers with wireshark?

Thanks,
RcRaCk2k.
hyperion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 21:56    Post subject: RB MODE Reply with quote
i had it working for app. 10 minutes using the final version then decided to change my password and it stopped working . it was even assigning ip address

i saved the bin have been trying to recreate it but cant Shocked Sad
hyperion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok working again for who knows how long

using wrt54gl heres the bin

repeaterbridgeethernet.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  repeaterbridgeethernet.bin
 Filesize:  19.64 KB
 Downloaded:  890 Time(s)

RcRaCk2k
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
What's that for a bin-file? Configuration-Backup?

AP (A) <-----> Repeater Bridge (B) <----> Client (C)

Try to ping the Client (C) from AP (A) and then make arp -an. Is the MAC-Address of your Client that of the Repeater Bridge, or that of the Client?
hfelsh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
RcRaCk2k wrote:
What's that for a bin-file? Configuration-Backup?

AP (A) <-----> Repeater Bridge (B) <----> Client (C)

Try to ping the Client (C) from AP (A) and then make arp -an. Is the MAC-Address of your Client that of the Repeater Bridge, or that of the Client?
Actually, it's arp -a <IP_ADDRESS>, where <IP_address> is the computer attached to the DD-WRT Repeater Bridge. And it shows the MAC of the DD-WRT repeater bridge for me, not the MAC of the PC. Mad
hfelsh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, to test, I'm in the process right now of downgrading to 2.3 SP2. I chose the option of *not* resetting to the defaults after the upgrade; I want to see if it just "works" simply by downgrading, or if I need to completely re-setup everything. Will report back on the success or failure. Neutral
RcRaCk2k
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
good luck.

but look out! v23 does not support repeater bridge mode!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: