WRT54G v2.0 "Upgrade are failed"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
TxDot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got my JTAG today. Hopefully I can try to solder it this weekend and get the thing un-bricked. Any tips for a novice at soldering? Very Happy
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to let the solder iron do the work...no need to push...pressure will only lift pads and traces....get things hot first (5 seconds) then touch electronic grade rosin core solder to each location you want to solder.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I suck at soldering. What kind of business should I look for to solder this header on? I tried using a 15W soldering iron from Radio Shack but it didn't hot enough so I moved to a 25W iron but the area between the pins is so small I can't seem to keep the solder from spanning pins. I'm using .050 diameter solder. Is that the correct size? At this point it would have been cheaper to buy a different router. Sad
TxDot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I think I have the header soldered on but when I run wrt54g -probeonly I get this
Probing bus ... Done
Instruction length set to 5
CPU Chip ID: 1111111111111111111 (FFFFFFFFF)
*** Unknown or NO CPU Chip ID Detected ***
*** Possible Causes:
1) WRT54G/GS is not Connected.
2) WRT54G/GS is not Powered On.
3) Improper JTAG Cable.
4) Unrecognized CPU Chip ID.

Any ideas how to determine which of the possible causes it is? Could it be that the header isn't soldered on good enough?
TxDot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:38    Post subject: Got it de-bricked Reply with quote
I decided to try and short pins 15 & 16 one more time and this time it worked. I think the problem in the past may have been that I didn't realize I was supposed to upload the firmware after the pings start succeeding after turning the power on while shorting the pins. At any rate the router is rocking. Thanks for all the help!
franzisca
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi sry for reopenning this old issue but i wanted to tell my experience with this.

i also had this error on this router and firstly i updated the firmware via web gui with the modified official WRT54G2 V1.0 firmware as mentioned in Reverting via VxWorksRevert.

i think that went wrong, or really i don't know, but after that i only got ping from the router (with ttl=100, no web gui). either way i could tftp the recommended dd-wrt.v24-10709_NEWD_micro.bin thats in the official guide (i used atftp from an arch linux).

after doing all this i had my dd-wrt firmware working on the router. i then finished updating dd-wrt from step 13 onwards of the official guide.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: