Airlink 101 AR670W - Chip & Flash Details

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
tpaxadpom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
bbb_forever wrote:
tpaxadpom wrote:
I've tried following this tutorial http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge but I noticed that I'm missing Virtual Interfaces Section (step 6). At the very end when I supposed to set change my PC network settings to obtain ip address automaticaly I loose connection witht he router (the one setup as repeater bridge). Is there another tutorial I should try?

You can try this "How-To" Guide I wrote:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=60458&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

If you have problems, post them here in this thread, not in my "How-To" Guide.

Thank you bbb_forever. I will try to follow your guide. BTW I did fint the virtual settings.
Sponsor
tpaxadpom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
bbb_forever, tried your recommendations, followed the guide. It doesn't work. So far wasted 3 evenings. What build are you running? I don't think flashing different build will change anything though...
BTW if anyone cares to know, my AP is Airlink AR680W running stock FW as DD-WRT FW wasn't ported to it.
tpaxadpom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
tried to setup a client mode and it failed as well. Should try a different build.
bbb_forever
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
tpaxadpom wrote:
bbb_forever, tried your recommendations, followed the guide. It doesn't work. So far wasted 3 evenings. What build are you running? I don't think flashing different build will change anything though...
BTW if anyone cares to know, my AP is Airlink AR680W running stock FW as DD-WRT FW wasn't ported to it.

The guide reports the build I was using at the time.

It was 13069. But that build is old now.

Yeah, I don't think different builds will change anything if you couldn't get it to work on the recent builds.
bbb_forever
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
tpaxadpom wrote:
I've tried following this tutorial http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge . At the very end when I supposed to set change my PC network settings to obtain ip address automaticaly I loose connection with the router (the one setup as repeater bridge). Wasted whole evening and can not get this sucker to run... Sad

Did it work before "the very end"?

That is, could your PC access the router and the Internet when it was using a manual IP setting?

If it did, then you probably need to set the DHCP Server = DHCP Forwarder on the R-B router.

Or just change your PC's IP to always use a manual IP setting because you probably have incorrect DHCP settings somewhere on either the A-P router or R-B router.

On A-P router, set DHCP Type=DHCP Server.

On R-B router, set DHCP Type=DHCP Forwarder.
tpaxadpom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
bbb_forever,
thanks for your help. I gave up on thursday and turn it back on Saturday and it started to work right away in client mode. Perhaps I needed another restart when I gave up on thursday. Really strange stuff. I won't be messing around with repeater bridge or anything else as friend of mine simply needs internet access. He can care less about the different subnet but most likely will appreciate the full speed on his itnernet connection vs half of bandwidth in the repeater bridge mode.
bbb_forever
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
tpaxadpom wrote:
bbb_forever,
thanks for your help. I gave up on thursday and turn it back on Saturday and it started to work right away in client mode. Perhaps I needed another restart when I gave up on thursday. Really strange stuff. I won't be messing around with repeater bridge or anything else as friend of mine simply needs internet access. He can care less about the different subnet but most likely will appreciate the full speed on his itnernet connection vs half of bandwidth in the repeater bridge mode.

Yup, a restart is sometimes necessary after making changes to the settings on the router or the client.

Btw, "half of bandwidth in the repeater bridge mode" only applies to the Wireless clients on the R-B router.
Wired clients should get full bandwidth on the LAN switch ports because it doesn't rely on wireless transmission time.
tpaxadpom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
bbb_forever wrote:
tpaxadpom wrote:
bbb_forever,

Yup, a restart is sometimes necessary after making changes to the settings on the router or the client.

Btw, "half of bandwidth in the repeater bridge mode" only applies to the Wireless clients on the R-B router.
Wired clients should get full bandwidth on the LAN switch ports because it doesn't rely on wireless transmission time.

that actually makes sense. I need to measure my speed on my other roter running client bridge mode. I hope the router will work with my friends settings as it's been pretty frustrating experience to get it to work in my house.
bbb_forever
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you want to download some free tools to test actual data throughput on your network, go to this thread:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=60511

Note you'll have to read the Jperf tutorial to learn how to use the tool.
ShIzNiTs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have an Airlink101 AR670W as well.

I flashed it successfully, or so it seemed, with dd-wrt some months ago, and then put it away. I recently have started to use it and I was unable to login to the router with the login/pw of root/admin. I decided to do a 30/30/30 reset and now the router is no longer emitting a wireless signal.

I can still connect to the router via the LAN, but not through wireless as there is no transmitting signal (this is evident on the router itself as the wireless light is not lit)

Also, I am unable to login to the router anymore. If I do 192.168.1.1 it just times out, I have no idea of DD-WRT is on there or if it somehow magically went back to the Airlink101 firmware, either way they are 192.168.1.1 and nothing comes up.

Any help on what I can do to login to the router or at least get the wireless to start working?

I am attaching my most recent IPCONFIG. Any help on what to do and how to do it would be very appreciated.

Last edited by ShIzNiTs on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:30; edited 1 time in total
bbb_forever
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
shitnizs, try...

How to de-brick the Airlink AR670W router:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=470607#470607
ShIzNiTs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for that, I receoved my router.

Using the Airlink firmware I am trying to flash to the newest release for the Airlink ar670w and it says that the firmware is basically an invalid firmware, this is in regards to the dd-wrt ar670w firmware.

Any idea what I need to do? Do I need to flash to the airlink firmware listed on dd-wrt then flash to the dd-wrt firmware?

EDIT: There are two files available for the AR670W. After flashing to the 101 firmware from Airlink's website (ar670w_v1_01_892c.bin), I first chose the following file from the available dd-wrt files: ar670w-ddwrt-webflash.bin; however, it stated this was not a valid file, so then I used the second file: airlink-factory-webflash.bin; which I thought would revert me back to an older Airlink firmware, but now I have a dd-wrt login.

Anyway to check what version of dd-wrt it is and do I need to do anything else to make sure the dd-wrt is on it and stable?
bbb_forever
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. First, you flash with the airlink-factory-webflash.bin to move FROM the original airlink 101 firmware TO dd-wrt firmware.
It prepares and stages the router to accept future dd-wrt firmware versions.

2. After the airlink-factory-webflash.bin has been correctly flashed onto the router, and tested to be working by login and checking network connectivity and whatever else.

3. Then you flash to the ar670w-ddwrt-webflash.bin to finish the procedure.
bbb_forever
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
ShIzNiTs wrote:
Do I need to flash to the airlink firmware listed on dd-wrt then flash to the dd-wrt firmware?

Yes, that is the correct order.

ShIzNiTs wrote:

Anyway to check what version of dd-wrt it is and do I need to do anything else to make sure the dd-wrt is on it and stable?

Yes. Login and go to the Status page to see the version of dd-wrt.

Then you test it by using it.
xzile
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't find the Airlink AR670W in the latest r14896 release. Is it no longer supported?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 48, 49, 50  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 43 of 50
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: