Airlink 101 AR670W - Chip & Flash Details

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
FOXCREATIONS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 16:46    Post subject: Re: Recovering to stock firmware Reply with quote
ObsidianX wrote:
Hey folks,

I was having connection dropping issues with DD-WRT so I decided to flash back to the original Airlink firmware. I had a hard time finding information about it so I thought I'd share my findings:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Index:FAQ#Restore_original_firmware

1. Unplug the router and only plug in your computer into the a LAN port (no WAN)
2. While holding in the reset button plug the router back in. You'll see the lights in the front do a little sweep from right to left to show you that it's in recovery mode.
3. On your computer set your IP address to 192.168.1.11 with the default subnet of 255.255.255.0 (the rest can be blank)
4. Wait for your computer to accept the new IP and then go to 192.168.1.10 in your browser. It'll bring up the emergency flashing utility.
5. Select the 1.00 firmware image that can be downloaded off of the OpenWRT wiki page for the ar670w.
6. Wait for it to finish and then re-enable DHCP on your computer to get back to the original firmware.
7. Upgrade to 1.01 found on Airlink's website.

Enjoy!
-ObsidianX

Airlink101's website dont support anymore for Ar670w but this is the site for legacy firmwares Here 1.01 firmware for AR670W http://airlink101.com/LegacyFW/AR670W/ar670w_v1.01_892c.bin

Legacy directory: http://airlink101.com/LegacyFW/

foxcreations.
Sponsor
TorontoFish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 22:15    Post subject: 14896 experience Reply with quote
caricell wrote:
bbb_forever wrote:
AntLee29 wrote:
14896 for the AR670W can be found in the router database section. Not sure why it isn't on the main list though.

Build 14896 is working well for me.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

Search for Airlink.

Can anyone help..?

I have the Airlink 670w 150N version of this router. Will the dd-wrt r.14896 work on this?

Thanks in advance!

I have been running 14896 on my AirLink 101 AR670W for 2 days now, here are some findings I can share with you:
1) There are 2 downloads available from the router database search page, after I flashed the unit with the first one, it's already 14896, I didn't really need to use the second file. I did it anyways, but found no difference at all.
2) I also have a Motorola wr850g v3 G router as my main router, so now I can switch back and forth between Moto and AirLink (AirLink is connected to Moto via a long cat 5 patch cable, but AirLink has it's own subnet, i.e. NAT is enabled). I find with the AirLink, the connection to Internet is very giggery (is this a word?): A lot of times a single click on the link with cause the browser to just hang there, with the progress bar at the bottom showing little progress, but the page will never shows up, it will eventually time out itself, then you have do the back and re-click on the link. Now if I notice the page is not loading, I will just click on the link again. Sometimes I have to click on the link 3 or 4 times. However, this will never happen if I am connected to the main Moto router. But if the page loads correctly via AirLink router, it is really really fast, I mean I notice it is faster comparing to the speed of Moto router.
3) I can only get 117 ~ 144MB no mater I try, 300Mb sounds like a dream.

My advice is if you can live with the clikc twice or 3 times, go for it; Otherwise maybe wise to wait for a while for the next release for AirLink 101 AR670W. Thanks.
ccplcguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 15:47    Post subject: Re: 14896 experience Reply with quote
TorontoFish wrote:
caricell wrote:
bbb_forever wrote:
AntLee29 wrote:
14896 for the AR670W can be found in the router database section. Not sure why it isn't on the main list though.

Search for Airlink.

Can anyone help..?

I have the Airlink 670w 150N version of this router. Will the dd-wrt r.14896 work on this?

Thanks in advance!

I have been running 14896 on my AirLink 101 AR670W for 2 days now, here are some findings I can share with you:
1) There are 2 downloads available from the router database search page, after I flashed the unit with the first one, it's already 14896, I didn't really need to use the second file. I did it anyways, but found no difference at all.
2) I also have a Motorola wr850g v3 G router as my main router, so now I can switch back and forth between Moto and AirLink (AirLink is connected to Moto via a long cat 5 patch cable, but AirLink has it's own subnet, i.e. NAT is enabled). I find with the AirLink, the connection to Internet is very giggery (is this a word?): A lot of times a single click on the link with cause the browser to just hang there, with the progress bar at the bottom showing little progress, but the page will never shows up, it will eventually time out itself, then you have do the back and re-click on the link. Now if I notice the page is not loading, I will just click on the link again. Sometimes I have to click on the link 3 or 4 times. However, this will never happen if I am connected to the main Moto router. But if the page loads correctly via AirLink router, it is really really fast, I mean I notice it is faster comparing to the speed of Moto router.

My advice is if you can live with the clikc twice or 3 times, go for it; Otherwise maybe wise to wait for a while for the next release for AirLink 101 AR670W. Thanks.

Sounds like you are double NAT'ing the Airlink. If you are NAT'ing the Motorola and then going into the Wan port of the Airlink and NAT'ing that internal IP, your setup will be causing some or all of these problems.
Pyrrhus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 19:08    Post subject: General questions Reply with quote
I just had some general questions.

I have two AR670w's connected via WDS, and on build 13637. The only thing connected to my 2nd router is my 360, and I have a VAP for wireless use.

First, I've noticed some issues when I'm streaming a movie, or using Netflix. It'll start fine, but lose the signal part way through, or the video quality degrades. I used to never have any trouble, and would get 4 bars of signal (HD level), but it seems like since the Xbox 360 got it's last big patch, this is coming up. I'm going to upgrade the routers to a new build, since the current one is over a year old, so hopefully that will fix the issue. But, has anyone else experienced these problems with the 360? Is the problem with my setup, or on Microsoft's side? Just a disclaimer, I have the routers set to mixed, not N-only, so that our phones can connect to wifi, but I have wifi turned off on the phones whenever I try to stream something. So, in theory, it should be using N (I hope).

Second, we recently got smart phones (apple 3gs's), and I wanted to use my wifi for them. I got them set up ok, but for some reason my router keeps dropping them. They'll be fine for 5 minutes or so, and then I'll get no connection. If I go in and disable and re-enable wifi on the phones, it'll renew the connection for a bit. Hopefully upgrading them will help, but I didn't know if anyone else had any tips for this, or had the same problems.

Third, I still use WDS for my 2 routers, as the 670's were having trouble using bridging before. Has that gotten better at all, with newer builds? or is WDS still the easiest way to go?

Last, I see lots of builds for the 670, but I can't really tell which one is best. The most recent is 16214, but the last one mentioned in this thread consistently is 14896. Has anyone tried anything past 14896, or is that one considered a good stable one to use? I don't want to just randomly pick a build if one is known to be more solid than another.

So, if anyone can help me with any or all of these, I'd really appreciate the advice.

Thanks.
d3hilton
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 18:17    Post subject: Iphone drop Reply with quote
Lower your beacon interval from 100 to 50 or 70. Should fix the iphone issue
Netgear wndr3300
Airlink101 AR690W
Linksys WRT-350N
Linksys WRT54g v8

Past routers
Netgear WPN834bV2
Airlink101 AR670W
Linksys WRE54g

Non DD-WRT
TRENDnet TEW639gr, TEW638, TEW637ap
TorontoFish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 13:40    Post subject: Re: 14896 experience Reply with quote
ccplcguy wrote:
TorontoFish wrote:
caricell wrote:
bbb_forever wrote:
AntLee29 wrote:

Search for Airlink.

Can anyone help..?

Thanks in advance!

My advice is if you can live with the click twice or 3 times, go for it; Otherwise maybe wise to wait for a while for the next release for AirLink 101 AR670W. Thanks.

Sounds like you are double NAT'ing the Airlink. If you are NAT'ing the Motorola and then going into the Wan port of the Airlink and NAT'ing that internal IP, your setup will be causing some or all of these problems.

You are right about the double NAT. I was planning to change it. Now I have the Airlink working as a router instead of a gateway, and forward the DHCP from Motorola. Unfortunately, the problems of double / triple clicks still exist.
TorontoFish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 13:46    Post subject: Re: General questions Reply with quote
Pyrrhus wrote:

... ..., I see lots of builds for the 670, but I can't really tell which one is best. The most recent is 16214, but the last one mentioned in this thread consistently is 14896. Has anyone tried anything past 14896, or is that one considered a good stable one to use? I don't want to just randomly pick a build if one is known to be more solid than another... ...

Same question here, anyone tried a newer build? Thanks.
koolaidluke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

Hi. I'm definitely a newbie when it comes to this. My gateway router is an Airlink 725W with the original factory firmware. I wanted to make a client bridge out of an AR670W. I found out that the closest you can come with the AR670W is a repeater bridge, which is a little more complicated. I couldn't get that to work until I watched this instructional youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02kwD4V-pCk

I just followed this fellow's instructions step by step and it works! I hope this helps somebody.

Anyway, I've tried r14896, r16214, r16785 and r16994. I had success with r14896 and r16214, but not r16785 and r16994. Somehow the latter two disable the LAN ports, so that after the reboot following an upgrade the wired connection goes dead. No ping. No DHCP. No nothing. You can still log on with the wireless, though, which I used to downgrade back to r16214.

I tried several times. I was consistently successful with r16214 and consistently unsuccessful with r16785 and r16994. So i don't think it's me.

Anyway, r16214 works great. Transfer speed are great. Internet is fine. The entire network is visible. It even recognized the network printer I have on the bridged side of the network. That's what I was most worried about.

The only thing I couldn't get to work with r14896 or r16214 is the clock. On the status page it says "Current Time Not available." From what I've read in the forum this should work without a lot of fuss and tinkering with advanced settings and whatnot. So I just disabled it on the Setup page. I don't really need it, I just would've liked it to work.

So that's been my experience so far. I'd be interested in hearing from others.
koolaidluke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
The only thing I couldn't get to work with r14896 or r16214 is the clock.

Ha! Wouldn't ya know it? The solution is in the instructions.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge

I made the changes to the "Advanced Routing" page suggested under "troubleshooting" then *poof* it worked! (You have to wait 120 sec after rebooting for the clock to set.)

Now the whole thing works perfectly.
plk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 16:47    Post subject: Airlink101 ar670w with Netflix, Xfinity, Ipad, etc - SOLVED! Reply with quote
This is my first post and I must start by saying a big THANK YOU to all of you as you this site has helped me resolved lots of router issues in the past.

I am running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/17/11) std (SVN revision 16214) on an airlink101 ar670w and everything seems to be working great! I spent days knocking my head against a wall trying to figure out how to turn the "dns rebind" option "off" with version r14896. Turns out that option is NOT in that version! That was the missing link (literally). I upgraded to r16214, turned off "dns rebinding" under the services/services option and I'm up and running on all devices so far (hopefully posting this dosen't jinx anything). On my network I have an ipad (with netflix,comcast xfinity, time warner cable, etc), a macbook pro, and a vizio internet tv and all are now connected. I did have issues seeing the wireless network from the macbook pro after flashing but after powering off/on the router I was able to finally see it. (I also added a static IP address in "services" for the powerbook's airport card so that may have done it but now it works).

FYI, turning off dnsmasq on version 14896 worked as well BUT when I did a speedtest my results were 90% slower with just that change so that was definitely not an option for me.

Bottom line: installing dd-wrt r16214 on my airlink101 ar670w and unchecking "dns rebind" appears to have resolved my "network not found", error-1007, etc, on my Ipad when trying to run Netflix or Xfinity.

Thanks again for a great forum! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
wendiko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it normal to show Rate = 54 Mb/s in the status / wireless?

Isn´t 300 MB/s?
dawgz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:19    Post subject: Re: Airlink101 ar670w with Netflix, Xfinity, Ipad, etc - SOL Reply with quote
plk wrote:

Bottom line: installing dd-wrt r16214 on my airlink101 ar670w and unchecking "dns rebind" appears to have resolved my "network not found", error-1007, etc, on my Ipad when trying to run Netflix or Xfinity.

Thanks again for a great forum! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

plk, can you point me to where I can get the r16214? I can't seem to find it on the router database.... Thanks!

Nevermind, found it! hopefully the 16214 build will resolve my wireless devices loosing connection after idling for a few minutes...
Tony T
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:12    Post subject: Build r16214 Reply with quote
Hello folks . . . greetings from Michigan!

I'm a total newbee to DD-WRT. I did a successful flash of my AIRLINK AR670W to DD-WRT build r14896. However, I could not get it to work. Site Survey would only show sites that I tried to connect to and I couldn't connect to anything in AP or Client mode.

I read in this thread about having success with build r16214. I just tried that and bingo! It was instant gratification. It works great in both AP and Client modes. Also Site Survey works fine.

So if your having trouble with build r14896 you may want to give r16214 a try. You can find it here:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2011%2F02-17-11-r16214%2F

Cheers!
scrotar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
koolaidluke wrote:
Quote:

...Anyway, I've tried r14896, r16214, r16785 and r16994. I had success with r14896 and r16214, but not r16785 and r16994. Somehow the latter two disable the LAN ports, so that after the reboot following an upgrade the wired connection goes dead. No ping. No DHCP. No nothing. You can still log on with the wireless, though, which I used to downgrade back to r16214.

I tried several times. I was consistently successful with r16214 and consistently unsuccessful with r16785 and r16994. So i don't think it's me.

Definitely not just you. I have same LAN ports problem in those same builds on two different AR670W's. I've logged a bug ticket here: http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/ticket/2040
movingwifi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 13:26    Post subject: Airlink101 ar670w loss of internet w/ Apple clients SOLVED! Reply with quote
plk wrote:

Thanks plk for spelling this out. The loss of internet connectivity for the Apple clients I use (Macbook with Leopard, iPods and an iPhone) with "recommended" build 14896 has been driving me mad.

WiFi connection remains solid, but any internet connectivity gets lost after a relatively short time and can only be restored by switching WiFi off and on again on the client device.

For example I might be sitting watching TV and following my Twitter timeline on the iPhone. By the time I try to send maybe my second tweet I hit a timeout and there is no internet available.

I've just tested this activity with build 16214 running on the AR670W and the connection is holding up over a considerable period of time.

Build 16214 down loaded from http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/02-17-11-r16214/airlink101-ar670w/ar670w-ddwrt-webflash.bin

Gerry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 48, 49, 50  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 45 of 50
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: