Joined: 10 Jul 2013
|Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:27 Post subject: Buffalo WHR-300HP2: No connection when flashing to dd-wrt
|After a lot of reading as well as inputs from other users here, I flashed my Buffalo WHR-300HP2 from stock firmware v1.5 to r23919 using the file "firmware-us.bin" from this link ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2014/04-18-2014-r23919/buffalo_whr_300hp2/
Below is the procedure I did
1. With all the power & internet cables still on the router, I did a 30/30/30 hard reset
2. Set static IP to 192.168.11.10 and Subnet 255.255.255.0, Gateway 192.168.11.1
3. Update to dd-wrt r23919 using Buffalo Air Station web GUI using LAN connection from my laptop (Windows 8.1 64-bit, Google Chrome)
4. After finished, changed IP back to automatic then logged in to dd-wrt web GUI @192.168.1.1, then went to Administration > Factory Defaults > Restore to factory defaults. Waited for another 5 mins or so
5. Did another 30/30/30 hard reset
However, I couldn't connect to the internet at all via both LAN and wireless.
I notice that before flashing to dd-wrt, all the LEDs in the front panel were GREEN
After flashing, the bottom LED went from RED to OFF few seconds after turning on. On the manual, it said that if it's Green: Mode switch is in the “Router” position; Amber: Mode switch is in the “Auto” position & Off: Mode switch is in the “Bridge” position (fyi I leave the router at Router mode all the time)
Did I do something wrong? Should I change/adjust any setting for the router? Any suggestion would be appreciated!