MI424WR wireless issue, no internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
AlCapwn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:50    Post subject: MI424WR wireless issue, no internet Reply with quote
I recently installed DD-WRT onto my Actiontec MI424WR and the install went fine, except for the fact that I did not look up the MAC addresses prior to flashing. I used the MAC address on the sticker and added 3 to the ending number as per the instructions but I'm pretty sure I got the WAN one wrong. I set up the router and there was no WAN MAC, so I went to the cloning menu and cloned it to what I thought it should be. Under the same menu I cloned the Wireless MAC to what it already was in the System Info menu. This worked for getting my computer connected via ethernet, but when I try to set up the wireless AP my computer will be assigned an IP and I'll be able to make it into the router config, but I've got no internet.

TL;DR: Could setting the wrong WAN MAC address while doing the "fconfig -d" in RedBoot cause problems with accessing the internet over wireless? If not, what am I missing?

Thanks,
Al

Edit: I've reset it to factory defaults and even reflashed it, but still no luck.
Sponsor
AlCapwn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
If anyone knows how to restore it to the original firmware I'd be happy with that, too. I have done a search but the steps that I find do not work.
MrFixit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 15:30    Post subject: Similar experience Reply with quote
Bump...

I know this thread is over a year old. I just recently flashed ddwrt to an Actiontec MI424WR Rev C. It took a fair bit of re-learning on my part to refamiliarize myself with some linux stuff and the redboot stuff, but I got it. However Like the previous post, I might have messed something up regarding the MAC addresses. I'm not sure. The bottom line problem is I cannot connect wirelessly. I have Broadcast SSID selected in the ddwrt web-ui configuration. I cannot detect the wireless broadcast and cannot connect to it manually. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch for all the work you guys have done on this.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
read:
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I understand this is in the wrong place. Since I cannot move my post to the right place, I will start my own thread in the correct location. After searching through the forums for answers to what's happening to me, this was the only thread that I found that matched.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
thats not the point
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Navigation

Jump to: