Belkin N1 vision : sources and toolchain available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Do we need DD-WRT on the Belkin N1 vision?
yes
94%
 94%  [ 217 ]
no
5%
 5%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 230

Midas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 0:24    Post subject: Goodie... Reply with quote
My previous questions went unanswered but I still want to make a little contribution that will surely be appreciated by all BN1V owners (anyone still?), as this thread is listed preeminently as a source of information on this piece of kit, at least according to Ole El Googlez.

As was reported here at the thread it is something of a pain to both set static IP addresses and permanently map some port forwarding (for more info on this, check http://www.vandeneynde.net/2008/10/28/getting-dhcp-reservations-into-a-belkin-n1-vision-router/).

But there's a free utility I've using successfully to circumvent this PitA; it's called UPNP Port Mapper and can be download for free over at http://www.12oclocker.com/ (direct link to page: http://brooksyounce.tripod.com/soft/upnp.htm).

It's a single executable that doesn't require installation and it allows for dynamic mapping of both TCP and UDP ports, provided UPNP is enhabled in the router's config (for how to, see http://bryanveloso.com/2010/10/03/how-to-enable-upnp-on-belkin-n1-vision-wireless-router/).

Be forewarned, that the tool exhibits a quirk when setting a mapping: it will tell you that it failed when in fact it has succeeded, which you can easily check by clicking the "Get all port mappings" button or just by using the new port.

Hope this will help someone. Please report back on your findings.

EDIT: Just a little celebration for Binary Day (10-10-10)... Cool
Sponsor
mianos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
still owner Wink
i have testing experience with dd-wrt on other routers.

i jtag-recovered my old belkin 54g and could possibly help in develeopment.
is someone working on dd-wrt/open-wrt ?Yesm or no?
Midas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 19:09    Post subject: Line stats (another BN1V nugget...) Reply with quote
For those despairing because all you get in the regular admin pages is the line US/DS rates, check this out.

Quote:
The N1 Vision Modem Router [...] has a hidden developer page :

http://{your.router.ip.here}/wukongjiuwo.html

On this page is a console/command line box. In there, type :

adslctl info --stats

and click 'Enter'.

Found @ http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/dslrouter/3415923-getting-belkin-n1-vision-stats.html
podly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Midas, you wrote about dsl and it really has nothing to do with this unit itself.

Anyway, I know, that rapidshare link with firmware I posted here is already dead, but all of you who asked me about it, recived it from me. As someone posted before, enabling telnet on this unit will make it easy to hack, but you can use portmaping to filter access to telnet port from outside of your network.

I don't understand problem with bootrom on this unit, becouse I tried to flash different images of dd-wrt from different units on this pice of shit and had success with booting it up many times (starting to loading linux, not complete boot up, but isn't it what we want from bootrom?).

I still use this router as my bedroom AP, but I still belive that it could have much more power with dd-wrt.
Midas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
podly wrote:
Midas, you wrote about dsl and it really has nothing to do with this unit itself.

I'm sorry, but my unit is an adsl modem-router, so there's some sense in my rambling... :oops:

podly wrote:
Anyway, I know, that rapidshare link with firmware I posted here is already dead, but all of you who asked me about it, received it from me. As someone posted before, enabling telnet on this unit will make it easy to hack, but you can use portmaping to filter access to telnet port from outside of your network.

My fears are confirmed, then, although there's a solution -- there always is. I never did get the fw. But still, it would do me no good since I now know that the F5D8232 is the router only version, F5D8632 being the modem-router.

podly wrote:
I don't understand problem with bootrom on this unit, because I tried to flash different images of dd-wrt from different units on this piece of shit and had success with booting it up many times (starting to loading linux, not complete boot up, but isn't it what we want from bootrom?).

I still use this router as my bedroom AP, but I still believe that it could have much more power with dd-wrt.

Like I said, the main problem here is the previous dev just vanished/moved on. My take of the BN1V is that, like many a piece of hardware coming from eastern lands, it is rather well built, but totally let down by the substandard software it runs. dd-wrt would perhaps do the BN1V some justice, but I'm afraid we'll never know now. Alas, my unit seems to be on the process of dying on me, so I too will be moving on soon... (already bought an EnGenius ESR9850 router and a D-Link DSL-320 modem to go with it)

Last edited by Midas on Mon Nov 01, 2010 21:48; edited 1 time in total
andreic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
@SARS

Did you manage to repair the router???
I get the same message, but I when I press CTRL+C I get the busybox console.
There I managed to connect the router to internet through WAN port and the routing actually works on LAN cable connection.
Turned on the WiFi, but DHCP doesn't work. Still, if I set a static IP, I can browse the net.

I think that the Flash-chip is worn-out, so if it would be possible to create a modified firmware so that the config file is not stored on NVRAM, and bypass the nvram checksum test, we could still use our semi-bricked N1 routers.
Bros
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
please, is anybody creating the wrt for this router?
mxtime
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMPETTY BUMP.
There are tons of these routers out there...
raverman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:55    Post subject: Joining in Reply with quote
I am also very interested in a DD-WRT release for this fine router. I am sorry that I cannot contribute, since I am specialized away from Linux/network development.

Bump coming from Bulgaria Razz
Graphite
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think mine (8632 modem version) is terminal now... It used to drop connection sometimes and and say there was 'no internet' - plugging in another modem router the internet was found straight away...

Now it continually reboots itself sometimes holding up for less than 10 minutes! Rolling Eyes Aaaggghhh! It's really annoying because it does enough of what I need for functionality - but continual reboots is not acceptable.

I have tried opening the case and leaving it open to the air to aid cooling, tried running with an alternative PSU - but nothing seems to make any difference! I'd buy another one if I thought mine was a one-off - but reading the forums these devices seem to be pretty flakey :cry:

Unfortunately I can't find anything that will do everything I want so I'm back to my AOl D-Link DSL 2640R - it's not bad - has some surprises like a Guest SSID (with no security Rolling Eyes ) - but only has 8 slots for MAC address control - I need 14 in total! LOL Laughing

Where is the 'perfect router'? LOL Laughing
manjina
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is dev still happening for this? As others have said, great hardware, just needs some DD-WRT love Very Happy

Bump from NZ
byusinger84
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
manjina wrote:
Is dev still happening for this? As others have said, great hardware, just needs some DD-WRT love Very Happy

Bump from NZ

Ditto on this as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 23:30    Post subject: N1 Vision Reply with quote
Hi all,looks like we may never get dd-wrt on our N1 Vision's ,unfortunately, however I am using my N1 as an access point connected via LAN to another router and wondered if any of you know how to change the NTP server ,from the std ones( I see many of you sussed how to kill the process), I have used PS in the consul and can find the NTP server and am able to change it to the 192.168.0.1 that I need so it will look at the router that IS truly on the internet connection, so that the clock will work BUT when I try to apply this it restarts and changes back Sad , I would also love to know how to kill the process that looks for ADSL so that it stops telling me that it has no internet connection, as Belkin in their wisdom does not give us the choice to disable the ADSL bit.This is purely an asthetic thing it works fine like this but just has annoying screen messages Confused
Anyone out there with any clues I am all ears.

BELKIN F5D8632-4 v1 Router

Firmware Version : F5D8632-4_WW_1.00.06
Graphite
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 17:30    Post subject: Re: N1 Vision Reply with quote
Dink44 wrote:
...I have used PS in the consul and can find the NTP server and am able to change it to the 192.168.0.1 that I need so it will look at the router that IS truly on the internet connection, so that the clock will work BUT when I try to apply this it restarts and changes back Sad ...

You got way further than me buddy - I tried messing with it for ages to get it to work as a AP - bought a WNDR3700 now LOL - Awesome with DD-WRT on it now Cool
bigbear2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know it may be a dead subject. But any update? The site still show WIP. My guess is that they gave up Sad Oh well.

Bump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 21
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: