Belkin N1 vision : sources and toolchain available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Do we need DD-WRT on the Belkin N1 vision?
yes
94%
 94%  [ 217 ]
no
5%
 5%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 230

mxtime
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gave up..
Bought a rosewill from newegg.. Life goes on..
Sponsor
gmwrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:35    Post subject: Don't believe in developers Reply with quote
...This work in progress is active from four years ago. And they don't reply about it. Give up and don't make any donation. That's all.
Darian10
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 19:01    Post subject: Needed. Reply with quote
This router has so much potential for DD-WRT!

I'm not too farmiliar with coding firmware, but i'd help as much as i could to get this going, I really want DD-WRT on my N1 Vision..
Come on devs, Please help us here!!
Regards,
Darian
marcrich90
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:13    Post subject: Belkin N1 Router Reply with quote
I will pay if you complete the dd-wrt firmware!!!!!!!! I have been frustrated by this firmware for years. I am a new member but I was a member in the past and have now all but lost hope in you guys. I need this firmware. I will do anything to get this potentially wonderful router working as it should be.
You might be surprised at your donation bin if you complete this firmware Wink
Katfish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well i c this has been going on for a long time and I have owned my N1 Vision now for 3 years on the hope that WRT will come along but is it now time for me to throw it in the Bin or is there still hope for WRT on the N1 ?
JoyElctrc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 20:02    Post subject: F5D8232-4 V2000 N1 Vision Reply with quote
I own one of these devices.

I have been able to get the original source code to build from belkin.

Have been able to get a kernel to build based off the .config files from the source tree of dd-wrt.

But...

When I add the rootfs filesystem, the router boots, but gives permission errors trying to execute the startup scripts. It acts like it cannot see the paths on the filesystem. If I use direct paths it will execute the binary associated, IE: ls, etc. Interestingly enough, though, when I do an "ls" I see no files and strange output from the "." directory.

I am suspect that I have not built the squashfs file system correctly. I have tried different kernel versions, using the squashfs source code from the linux v24_2 directory. When I do that, it usually cannot even see the squashfs partition due to version incompatibilities.

Can someone give me some insight into how the squashfs system is constructed? How it works with busybox? What is the correct version to use?

I think once I get past that hurdle, the board should be able to boot dd-wrt sucessfully and I can test to see if I can get it configured.

Thanks greatly as I have spent well over 40 hours getting the kernel to boot (and I can boot both 2.4 and 2.6 kernel versions) and would like to see this operate fully, but I have tried scrubbing through the forums to see if its captured how the squashfs system is built. I have tried building with the pre-packaged mksquashfs-lzma, but still it acts as though it cannot see the squashfs.
JoyElctrc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 17:16    Post subject: Dont dispair... Reply with quote
All,

I am working on the V2000 build right now. I should be able to start working on the V1000 build next. I was able to get my hands on the V1000.
Barfish88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any news on the custom firmware for V2000
JoyElctrc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:36    Post subject: Info on build Reply with quote
Yes,

I am actively working it right now. Was able to get a build to boot up, but no wireless, so troubleshooting that issue right now.

I also do have the V1000 device and will work that next, so both devices will be supported.

I would look for a build, hopefully, in the next few days.
jex77er
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 20:28    Post subject: Any chance of this working on F5D8632 (ADSL) version Reply with quote
Hi JoyElctrc

Delighted to see that you are working on a DD WRT firmware for the N1 Vision - Such a fantastic peace of kit, sadly limited by the Belkin firmware.

Do you think there is any chance that you will be able to get this working on the ADSL modem version F5D8632-4A (version 1001uk)?

Mine is collecting dust in the cupboard, but may clean it off if you want a beta tester Smile

Cheers

jex77er
JoyElctrc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:32    Post subject: F5D8632 Reply with quote
I do not have one of these devices, and the porting effort can get quite substantial. My wife would like to see me spend more time with the fam, so after these two ports, I am going to take a break for awhile.
JoyElctrc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:38    Post subject: Status Reply with quote
I have been able to get the V2000 image working and it is testing right now.

The V1000 device is another issue. The device I recieved from the ebay dude does not appear to have the RX pin working on the serial connection onboard. This makes porting a challenge, as I can only use the serial port for output.

I have also found that they are using some sort of Redboot boot script to execute their code. I suspect they have something special going on there that only allows their kernel to boot. The kernel provided with the GPL does not play well with DD-WRT at all, so I am working on taking an image of the entire RedBoot section of the flash to see if I can get/modify that boot script.

The frustrating thing about this is that if this is indeed the case, then the migration from the factory firmware to DD-WRT might require a boot rom modification, which, as I have found, can brick your device quick quickly if done incorrectly.

And, since I have no way to input into the bootloader, I face a challenge there. I have also found that with the belkin devices, the boot rom code doesn't get updated with an image upgrade. Even though the boot rom is required to build the image, the device boot rom is not replace when it is flashed. I would assume this is by design as to prevent the accidental complete brick of the device.

More to come...
jex77er
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:56    Post subject: Re: F5D8632 Reply with quote
JoyElctrc wrote:
I do not have one of these devices, and the porting effort can get quite substantial. My wife would like to see me spend more time with the fam, so after these two ports, I am going to take a break for awhile.

Thanks for letting me know. I was hoping it would just 'work' once it was ported across to the N1 Vision hardware, but it sounds like that is not the case.

Keep up the good work - I'm sure the other N1 Vision Belkin customers will be very pleased once working!
JoyElctrc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 16:05    Post subject: Status Reply with quote
Well,

In trying to get more info about the bootloader, I tried to load the DD-WRT version of the bootloader.

This has sucessfully bricked the device.

I will need to do a JTAG interface to restore, but do not have the time currently to do that, so the V1000 image is going to be tabled for the time being, or until I get another device that the serial port works both ways.
skybub
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:58    Post subject: Re: Status Reply with quote
JoyElctrc wrote:
Well,

In trying to get more info about the bootloader, I tried to load the DD-WRT version of the bootloader.

This has sucessfully bricked the device.

I will need to do a JTAG interface to restore, but do not have the time currently to do that, so the V1000 image is going to be tabled for the time being, or until I get another device that the serial port works both ways.

Wow ! It'd be so great if you manage to install DD-WRT on this router !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 18 of 21
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: