Belkin N1 vision : sources and toolchain available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Do we need DD-WRT on the Belkin N1 vision?
yes
94%
 94%  [ 217 ]
no
5%
 5%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 230

Graphite
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any info on how to stop them keep rebooting and losing wireless randomly would be nice - modem version F5D8632... Confused
Sponsor
youngfaisal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 17:48    Post subject: Belkin N1 Vision f5d8232-4 v1021uk Reply with quote
Hi DD-WRT administrator, programmers and firmware compilers.!

I am also one of them who is suffering with the painful reboot loop on my Belkin N1 Vision and looking the solution for this...and I am pretty sure about this DD-WRT will release the stable version of firmware for this router. When I try to press reset button it shows me "Download Mode..." and I saw many website and found bunch of tips and techniques but nothing happen when I try on my Belkin N1 Vision.

We (Belkin N1 Vision v1xxx) owner waiting the DD-WRT firmware very curiously. Hope soon you will launch it.

Cheers.
Faisal
Wpg_Bob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 17:47    Post subject: Re: Belkin N1 Vision f5d8232-4 v1021uk Reply with quote
youngfaisal wrote:
Hi DD-WRT administrator, programmers and firmware compilers.!

I am also one of them who is suffering with the painful reboot loop on my Belkin N1 Vision and looking the solution for this...and I am pretty sure about this DD-WRT will release the stable version of firmware for this router. When I try to press reset button it shows me "Download Mode..." and I saw many website and found bunch of tips and techniques but nothing happen when I try on my Belkin N1 Vision.

We (Belkin N1 Vision v1xxx) owner waiting the DD-WRT firmware very curiously. Hope soon you will launch it.

Cheers.
Faisal

Hi

I have the same router and had the same problem with random reboots, I contacted Belkin and they sent me a pre-release firmware and it has worked beautifully.
The firmware as sent is < is f5d8232-4 ww v1.00.16.bin > and is available at the Belkin site at:
< http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/article/?lid=enu&pid=F5D8232uk4&aid=9277 > .

Good luck.
Bob
mccart
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I had the same problem with rebooting of the router. My problem was in hardware. I opened cover and I saw two damaged capacitors - 470 uF. I replaced them for new one and router is working perfectly.

BTW
I'm also waiting for new software release Smile

Best regards, I hope that information will help.
krokis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
mccart wrote:
Hi,

I had the same problem with rebooting of the router. My problem was in hardware. I opened cover and I saw two damaged capacitors - 470 uF. I replaced them for new one and router is working perfectly.

BTW

Hi

i have same problem, can you say what is those capacitors please?
Infinitech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
krokis wrote:
mccart wrote:
Hi,

BTW

Hi

i have same problem, can you say what is those capacitors please?

If you do not know what capacitors are, you should not attempt this, but if I am misunderstanding your question and you want to know which capacitors to replace I would still recommend you not do this because it doesn't sound like you have the skill to do it yourself. This process requires soldering. If you still wish to try this but don't know what to look for, research blown capacitors. You'll find some pictures of what blown capacitors look like. Those are the ones you will want to replace.

Also wanted to say, I am hoping for a release of DD-WRT for the Belkin N1 Vision router soon. Thank you DD-WRT Smile
eliasv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 15:05    Post subject: OpenVPN Reply with quote
This is a cross post from this http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=141607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45 thread (where JoyElctrc posted working firmware for v2000), since I realised this seems to be the main thread for this model, and is linked from the database in the main site:

eliasv wrote:
JoyElctrc, thanks for the great work on this. I know this thread is a couple of years old now, but it seems like there has been sporadic interest until recently, and on this thread too: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=141607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 . So, is there any chance of recompilation with OpenVPN support? Or does anyone else know of anyone still working with this stuff - perhaps for v1000 support - who would be able to do this?

ETA: it seems like the driver version is high enough for OpenVPN support, and that there is enough memory...

Cheers,

Eli
rumjar86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 18:12    Post subject: Any News on development> Reply with quote
I was just wondering if there is any movement on the development front and moving to dd-wrt supporting these great pieces of hardware... I have a couple that I just had to relace due to them not being reliable wirelessly and their current firmware just being porly written. really funny that a brand new out of the box router fails within the first hour.
Ahmed1978
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
You guys wanna know something funny the router n1 vision is working perfectly fine even though it is rebooting. So what has gone bad in it? the wireless card installed in your belkin n1 vision router. Can it be replaced? Yes? You will need to disassemble it by removing the sticker below the wired network connectors at the back. then remove two screw that will appear... with a thin strong tool release the side locks... remove the wires connected to card remove the back cover... remove the card...

attempt to turn on your router... without wireless card installed.. it is already rested and working perfectly fine but now u need a new wireless card for it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
marcus05
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your help, It is really useful Very Happy
makeup94
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:10    Post subject: Good Job Reply with quote
I think this is a good one. But you ahve to try it again and again http://deal-held.de/
Disguise_AU
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:44    Post subject: F5D8632-4 Reply with quote
G'day, I have a F5D8632-4 model which I understand is the modem model and isn't supported by dd-wrt.. however, I'm wanting to use my N1 Vision as a router connected to a modem, not as a modem-router. So since I know very little about the internals of how dd-wrt works, can someone tell me if it's possible to make a build of dd-wrt that works for the F5D8632-4 without modem features? So basically it would function only as a router.

Thanks.
-Disguise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 Display posts from previous:    Page 21 of 21
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: