Another lost route issue

raincity
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 20:13    Post subject: Another lost route issue Reply with quote
I have a relatively simple configuration with 2 routers, a primary and a repeater configured in Station mode. They work perfectly with one exception. The primary router loses the route to the repeater whenever the routers are rebooted.

Primary Router: Netgear R7000 v3.0-r54914 std
10.0.0.0/24

Repeater: TP-Link ARCHER-A7 v5 v3.0-r52189 std
10.20.0.0/24

Repeater's address on primary router 10.0.0.80.

The route entry that's disappearing: 10.20.0.0/24 via 10.0.0.80

This is the 2nd occurrence I've had recently with routes disappearing. The other was on different routers with a complex combination of addresses, but this one's about as simple a static route as it can be.

Is there some way to lock static routes in place so they don't get deleted, or another way to address this issue?

Thanks.
Sponsor
raincity
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since there seems to be no solution to this outside of a cron job I thought I'd post the cron workaround here for anyone else who is running into the problem.

After enabling Cron in the Administration tab I entered the following into the "Additional Jobs" box:

*/10 * * * * root ip route add 10.20.0.0/24 via 10.0.0.80

This runs every ten minutes and reliably restores my lost route.

I've found no problems created by running the command when the route already exists. It just generates an error.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: