RT-AC66U A1 Scheduled reboot does not work (r41664)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
oldsports
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:21    Post subject: RT-AC66U A1 Scheduled reboot does not work (r41664) Reply with quote
I searched the forum for about an hour but could not find an answer, so I hope someone can help. I have two RT-AC66U A1 routers loaded with r41664 firmware which are set up as AP's in my home network (1 in basement, 1 on 2nd floor). I am trying to get the AP's to reboot using the Keep Alive sub-tab under the Administration tab. I have selected "Schedule Reboot" and set the reboot time to Sunday 2am (everyone in the house should be sleeping!). Cron is also enabled in the Management sub-tab as per the instructions.

I checked the AP's on Sunday afternoon, expecting them to have rebooted overnight at 2am. It appears that neither AP rebooted; the uptime should show that the AP's were up only a few hours but it shows that they have been up for several days. I am including a snapshot of the status page from the basement AP.

Since it is happening with both AP's, I am ruling out a hardware issue and assume it is a set up or firmware issue. I know I am running a fairly old version of DD-WRT, so the answer might be to update the firmware. I figured before I went through that exercise, maybe there's something I missed in setting it up that would fix the issue.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 14-49-19 Basement WAP (build 41664) - Router Status.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  392.03 KB
 Viewed:  1102 Time(s)

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 14-49-19 Basement WAP (build 41664) - Router Status.png

Sponsor
lazardo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 0:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Settings under Admin -> Schedule Reboot sound correct as you described them however the status page info is useless as a diagnostic tool for scheduled reboots.

Check that cron is enabled and time is set correctly, including TZ:
Code:
nvram show | grep -e schedule_ -e cron_

Build mentioned is from the dark ages security-wise.

r53633 is from late last year and has been stable, or try the latest available. Your post will get more response.

cheers,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: