TP-Link Archer C7 V2 bricked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
jasmins
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just don't know how to pull up 802 ohm resistor on this router,if someone can gives me a picture
of example please.
Sponsor
jasmins
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok
I finnaly get properly working serial/ttl usb adapter but with this error:
[/img]

And I cannot enter tpl command

If you cannot read from that picture just open it from another window.
jasmins
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone suggest what could be wrong?
jasmins
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have another picture after uploading original tp link image with tftpd64:
freaktose
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
jasmins wrote:
Ok
I finnaly get properly working serial/ttl usb adapter but with this error:
[/img]

And I cannot enter tpl command

If you cannot read from that picture just open it from another window.

I also have a bricked Archer C7v2 that I've been trying off and on to get a serial console working on. I have 5+ different USB<->TTL devices and I've never gotten anything out of any of them until yesterday when I finally got some output using an old(er) school Cable Matters device that is USB A on one end and DB9 on the other. The problem is that the output is all garbage. This is the last few lines before the output stops:
Wec}▒▒▒5▒▒9▒▒֚▒▒n▒c9▒i▒▒tj19ye,▒`!▒g▒#9▒yy▒]▒!▒)▒z▒`9▒嶾yy▒]▒!▒)▒z▒5▒j=b9-▒9Z▒q▒▒▒X▒▒}dj▒!▒▒-▒9'▒5%i}l▒▒5▒1!1=▒Xe9u▒):z▒▒k▒-▒wI^tYm▒▒d▒un▒k▒u▒▒▒▒@}▒▒▒▒▒▒dlY▒h,▒k▒"▒4n▒Җ▒▒▒j▒U▒kU▒▒94n▒▒1`)")▒!%c}%1u▒-▒-▒▒▒▒9▒k▒U▒1▒b▒bmc}}▒}w▒▒▒▒%f)▒!%c}%1u▒-▒-▒▒▒▒9▒k▒h▒Iy▒▒▒z▒Xehu▒5▒▒9&▒g▒▒} ="▒▒▒▒▒1▒▒▒▒i}▒-=▒▒5▒▒5e▒▒9▒k▒u`9▒▒▒▒▒▒xj)▒▒)▒▒c}▒▒-Q#▒xj)#}▒▒9▒▒s▒▒▒▒xj)▒▒)▒▒c}▒▒-Q#▒xj)#}▒b5▒▒94n▒▒A(▒)bI▒{▒)Yr▒▒k▒)▒rY^▒m▒▒▒▒u▒5▒▒9▒▒=▒j994▒1▒▒uz

I'm only hooking up RX, TX and GND and I have RX->TX and TX->RX. If I reverse those I get no output. I also tried an 840 ohm resistor between RX and VCC on the main board as suggested on the open-wrt page and that does two things: doesn't give any output and causes the power on light blinking sequence to drastically shorten.
I have puTTY set to 115200 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, flow xon/xoff, remote character set to UTF-8 and from a suggestion on another page on open-wrt, I have checked the option to "Enable VT100 line drawing even in UTF-8 mode"
I'm hoping you can tell me how you got your serial working and/or anyone else who can tell me what I'm missing/doing wrong.
Thanks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: