Can't access modem status page after update to build 55209

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
kozarrat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
What does the command show:

Code:
echo $(nvram get wan_ifname)

Does your ISP require VLAN WAN tagging?
This is the only known constellation that cannot work

vlan2

Code:
echo `nvram get wan_ifname`
gets the same result.
ISP doesn't require anything as far as I know - I never had to change defaults.
Sponsor
Gery1938
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
kozarrat wrote:
kozarrat wrote:
bah when erasing nvram missed the new CIDR notation. Changing to /23 fixed the issue.

Now that I have this working, I have a couple questions:

1. What are these two commands doing?
ifconfig `nvram get wan_ifname`:0 192.168.100.2 netmask 255.255.255.0
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `nvram get wan_ifname` -j MASQUERADE

2. Do I really need the router Local IP Address to be 192.168.0.1./23 to access the cable modem at 192.168.100.1?

I have already contacted the https://www.cogniteq.com/ company and they are developing special software for me that will help solve the problem.

3. I can't seem to access the cable modem, unless I forward 8081 to 192.168.100.1:80, which also exposes the cable modem to WAN access. I don't understand why this would be needed to LAN access to the cable modem but for some reason I can't seem to access the cable modem even from LAN without it. Here's the setting mentioned above:

1. The first ifconfig command configures a virtual interface with an IP address of 192.168.100.2 and a netmask of 255.255.255.0 on the WAN interface of the router, as indicated in the output of nvram get wan_ifname. This command essentially creates an additional IP address on the WAN interface.

The second iptables command inserts a rule into the NAT table ( -t nat) to perform network address translation (NAT) for packets leaving the router's WAN interface ( -o). This -j MASQUERADE option instructs iptables to dynamically change the source IP address of outgoing packets to match the router's WAN IP address, which is typically assigned by the ISP.

2. No, the router's local IP address does not need to be 192.168.0.1/23 to access the cable modem at 192.168.100.1. The subnet mask you mentioned (/23) allows for a larger range of IP addresses on the 192.168.0.0 network, but does not affect the router's ability to communicate with devices on a different subnet, such as a cable modem at 192.168.0.0. 100.1.

3. Unusually, you cannot access the cable modem at 192.168.100.1 from the LAN without forwarding port 8081 to port 80 on the cable modem. Typically, devices on the same subnet should be able to communicate with each other without the need for port forwarding. There may be other network configuration issues or firewall rules that are preventing access. Double checking your network settings and firewall configuration may help resolve this issue.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: