How to reset telnet/ssh/WebGUI access block timeout for IP?

milosh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 18:03    Post subject: How to reset telnet/ssh/WebGUI access block timeout for IP? Reply with quote
Hello,

I entered the wrong username/password in ssh-ing to my router (forgot to ssh as root) and now my main computer IP address is blocked for telnet/ssh/GUI access for next 440 minutes (yes, I got impatient and hence the increase in time). I know this is expected behaviour for avoiding brute force attacks...

I still have GUI (and possibly telnet) access to my router via my mobile phone, but managing settings from there for a while is cumbersome... However, that's the way I know, what happened.

The syslog message is:
Code:
[httpd]: client 192.168.1.128 is blocked, terminate connection, set new blocktime to 440 minutes.

Is it possible to reset or remove the timeout blockage? Should I try release another IP address (would it work, as I presume the router knows my MAC address anyway)?

Many thanks in advance!
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you have a GUI access, just reboot the router and you are fine...not much fiddling...
otherwise via your smart phone... if you can fiddle and issue a commands and ect..via GUI commands section/run commands, than you can restart services and ect...that may clear the timers or you can give other address to your client and ect...or go to the limit ssh at security section and untick the option than save and apply..

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
milosh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks! It was simpler than I thought -- rebooting router indeed helped!
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only way is to do a reboot via power button / power supply. Because that timer also generally locks out telnet and ssh access.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: