manually glom a backup of firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware

Trump
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Clinton
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bernie
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Giant Meteor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

groupie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:25    Post subject: manually glom a backup of firmware Reply with quote
I have seen how you can use a USB TTL cable to get into the AR7100 prompt. from there you can use the FSLOAD command to start Upgrade Mode, and TFTP your firmware to the router, which upgrades with it as soon as the copy is complete.

you can also use the IMLS command to show the filename of the firmware that is currently loaded on the router.

I have also seen how you can use a Telnet session (via windows' command prompt, or PuTTY) and logon to the BusyBox console, and backup and restore caldata by transferring to and from a USB drive mounted on the router.

So, is there a way to GET a copy of the firmware off the router, presumably using the AR7100 prompt, TFTP, or BusyBox/USB stick?

my particular router does not implement SSH so I can't transfer files that way or use WinSCP.

yes, there is a newer version of firmware on the router (just from the factory) that is not available for download anywhere.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: