E4200 V1 - why is wireless slower and less coverage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dbaps
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 22:25    Post subject: E4200 V1 - why is wireless slower and less coverage? Reply with quote
I know the Wiki says that the wireless is a work in progress. I'm just curious why? What is the technical reason why it's not as fast or have the coverage as the stock firmware? I tried a variety of settings that I've found in the forum and just could never get the settings to be acceptable. If I am close to the router it is acceptable. It's really a deal breaker for me. The fios wireless downoad speed is much slower, consistently slower.

So my choices are run DD-WRT with the wireless issue or run it in bridge mode with the stock firmware because that 's (bridge mode) the only setting I can get to work when I use the E4200 as a second router. I can make it my primary router. I have the ethernet between the ONT and the Verizon router but that's another story. I have the new Verizon Gigabit router with 802.11n so it's much better than the 424...

Thanks everyone...
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: