ASUS WL-330gE Firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry 4 beeing a noob but will this offer any imprevent to WPA/ wpa2 problems of the ASUS or might make things worse? I'm interested in basic repater stuff
Sponsor
zx9r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 15:01    Post subject: Re: WL-330ge flashing Reply with quote
Please help us somebody, dd-wrt.trx is not available, only dd-wrt.bin.
HardReset
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 15:43    Post subject: Re: WL-330ge flashing Reply with quote
zx9r wrote:

You might want to read this thread starting at the beginning. Pay attention to posts made by Eko.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 16:01    Post subject: Re: WL-330ge flashing Reply with quote
HardReset wrote:
zx9r wrote:

You might want to read this thread starting at the beginning. Pay attention to posts made by Eko.

Thank you for quick response.
Wartex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
shokker wrote:
Tatt wrote:
I tired a startup script that would correctly assign the WAN port to eth0. I'm close but still having issues. So far I've got:

Code:
brctl delif br0 eth0
nvram set wan_ifname2=eth0
nvram set wan_ifnames=eth0
nvram set wan_ifname=eth0
nvram set wan_iface=eth0

It seems to set most things, but in the end, still doesn't work properly. Any help would be appreciated.

I found that if I use the following as my startup script, everything runs fine:
Code:
nvram set wan_ifname=eth0
brctl delif br0 eth0
startservice wan

I put this into startup script and now my router does not respond on either wired or wireless. Did I get trolled? How do I reset to defaults or reflash?
Strathy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got my Asus running nicely as a repeater.

I want to be able to use the ethernet port to connect a computer that does not have wireless to the internet through the router that is set as a repeater. Can anyone give me some idea how to set this?
Strathy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Never mind ... leaving the WAN Port Assignment at 'Disabled' makes the Ethernet port act as a LAN port = exactly what I wanted.
Marko12383
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 18:05    Post subject: Newest Firmware for wl330ge Reply with quote
I am looking for the latest firmware available for the Asus wl330ge. I need revision 17201 or higher.

Is anything available that I can download? Even something for a different router that will be compatible on Asus wl330ge.

Thanks a lot,
Marco
Marko12383
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will this firmware be ok?

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/07-20-12-r19519/Asus-RT-N10PLUS/

It seems like both routers are Broadcom. Should I try?
cmockert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know this reply might be a bit late, but hopefully it will help someone, if not you.

I was walking the different builds available, and spent a lot of time on my WL-330gE, continuously bricking and unbricking it.

I found today, all of the builds available in this FTP tree here work for the WL-330gE...

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_TNG/

Including, the most recent build - svn18946.

I was able to successfully flash the following successfully.

dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD_std-nokaid

I have not fully tested it, I have only tested it for my own purposes. I do not use these devices for routers as many do. I use them to convert wired devices only into a wireless device.

The only downside is that development tree seems to be no longer supported, so this might very well be the last build supported for the WL-330gE.
bahman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:34    Post subject: asus wl-330ge problem Reply with quote
hi
i whant to install wrt but when finished upload i have this problem

"Firmware upgrading fails. It may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmare and try again. System will reboot now."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: