Help with setting up WRT-54G as bridge to Actiontec MI424-WR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
annihillation
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks, i installed it, and it didn't work. Same thing happened.

Do you think i should try a newer build?
Sponsor
drewbacca
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having similar problems. I also am in a house with verizon FIOS that supplies the same actiontec wireless router. I have a couple computers on a wired network that I want to give internet access, and wanted to use dd-wrt to create a client bridge.

Internet router: Actiontec (factory defaults, uses WEP)

Client bridge router: Linksys WRT54G2 V1 (followed firmware installation guide for that model, upgraded it with dd-wrt.v24-11218_NEWD_micro.bin and did the 30/30/30 resets)

My problem: My wired computers can't seem to connect to anything through the bridge (no internet, can't even ping the actiontec router). Also, on the status->wireless page of my client router, the wireless packet info has some packets sent, but never any received. Would this indicate a problem with something like the WEP wireless security? I can't disable it. Everywhere on the forums there are extremely vague references that v24sp1 had WEP issues, but no real info or symptoms.

I also have a quick settings question. The peacock thread sticky says to change setup->adv.routing->interface to "router" but the wiki page http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Bridge doesn't mention this at all. What should this be? The description does sound like it needs to be set to router.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: