V24 SP1 / Asus WL500gp v1. kernel panic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ildocteur
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 22:40    Post subject: V24 SP1 / Asus WL500gp v1. kernel panic Reply with quote
Hi

I was playing around with setting up USB on my WL500gp (V24 SP1 mega) when suddenly i could not contact the router.

I tried all sort of recovery tricks grounding pins etc. but nothing seems to work.

I attched a serial cable to the serial port on the router to view the boot log. (see attached file)

From what I can see there problem seems to be that the router goes into a constant reboot loop because of a kernel panic situation in the wlconf process.

I can boot into recovery mode just fine but I just cannot connect to the router via the lan ports in any way. So I'm unable to flash a fresh firmware.

What i noticed just before the router became uncontactable was that the model name in the web interface changed from correctly identifying the router as an Asus WL500G Premium to identifying it as a Linksys WRT54G/S/GS.

Is it possibel that some corruption of NVRAM causes the formware to load the worng driver for the wl card and hence make wlconf fail.

I cannot reset the setting from the web interface or telnet, but I have found out that all the NVRAM settings can be modified using the CFE console via the serial port.

Is there a way to change the nvram setting so that the wlconf process is not started at all so I can stop the router from constantly rebooting ?

If not what happens if I erase the NVRAM area completely ?

Any help is appreciated

ildoc

boot.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  boot.zip
 Filesize:  3.39 KB
 Downloaded:  701 Time(s)

Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: