Problem, lag every minute.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Aequitas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:58    Post subject: Problem, lag every minute. Reply with quote
Hello.

I have installed many wrt54gs with dd-wrt and I love it.

But yesterday I noticed a problem. WRT54GS V6 and dd-wrt v23sp2 micro, everything works great except there is a weird "lag".

If I ping for the wrt54gs, or anything (when I'm connected by wlan), every minute there is a lag. So if I ping wrt54gs, ping is 1-2ms for 60 seconds, then it jumps to ~800 ms for one echo and then it continues as 1-2 ms for next 60 seconds. I figured that it's only on the wlan-interface, because when I connect straight to the ports with cat5, there is no lag. So why does the wlan-interface lag every minute for once? I tried to revert back to factory defaults of v23sp2, no difference (using all default settings and dd-wrt SSID)..

I also tried to disable cron (does it do anything by default? Is there an event or something that cron must run by default?) and everything else that I could think off... No difference.

So any suggestions? How to get the once-a-minute-lag off?
Sponsor
0ldman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its probably interference. Cordless phone or something polling every 60 seconds.

Have you tried a different channel?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I've tried all channels (1-14) and only thing that sends information by radiowaves is temperature gauge that has cordless sensor. But it seems that temp gauge is innocent, because I took batteries off from both, gauge and sensor and still there is this "interference"..

Any other suggestions? It's a shame that v23sp2 micro doesn't have sshd, top could tell something...
rkloost
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aequitas wrote:
It's a shame that v23sp2 micro doesn't have sshd, top could tell something...

telnet?

Maybe enable logging and syslogd to kiwisyslogd

Regards,
Ruud

1xWRT54Gv2

In need of WRT54GS <= v3 EU/UK for firmware-debugging purposes. Buffalo's are welcome too! PM me if you have a spare one.
Aginaridan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:15    Post subject: Lag every 60-seconds Reply with quote
I had the same problem. The solution was to disable the "wireless zero configuration" service in Windows XP and the lag was gone.
Aequitas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 15:06    Post subject: Re: Lag every 60-seconds Reply with quote
Aginaridan wrote:
I had the same problem. The solution was to disable the "wireless zero configuration" service in Windows XP and the lag was gone.

Yes, I figured that out too yesterday. I have Ralink RT2500 in my laptop, and I installed newest drivers, and got rid off windows zero configurator (now using Ralinks own program to conf connections.). No lag, everything works nice.

Once again, thank you Bill Gates & Microsoft... not

Problem solved, case closed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: