problems updating firmware

beni923
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 21:04    Post subject: problems updating firmware Reply with quote
A while ago I updated the firmware from the linksys factory firmware and it completed but the graphics on the web interface are all cut off, thus I cannot make changes to functionality of the router, ie mac filter, dhcp range, etc. It's hard to describe, I see the menus and tabs in the web interface, but only white space below and a save botton at the bottom, so it's impossible to work with. This includes the firmware update page as well.
I have the latest bin (v24) and tried to tftp it over but am "unable to get responses from the server". I am able to telnet into it as root, is there a command I can use to upload and install via telnet?

Thanks friends,
Ben
Sponsor
robert-e
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Two possibilities that I can think of: router needs a hard reset after flashing, or clear the cache in your browser.
Bob
beni923
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions Bob but I tried rebooting and hard booting way back when this origionally happened and I've rebuilt my PC since then so I know it's not the browser cache. Anything else?
beni923
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump...
robert-e
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
In thinking back a year or two ago, I vaguely recall having that sort of problem when I used Firefox to flash the router. When I switched to Internet Explorer, the gui was okay. I seem to remember something about a java problem. For what it is workth.
Regards,
Bob
beni923
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've since determined that it was in fac something with the browser. When I log into the router with firefox off of my friends macbook everything looks normal and I have full functionality of DD-WRT.
Thanks for your suggestions everyone, I appreaciate it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: