trouble getting DNS in client-bridge mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Metallicaman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 19:07    Post subject: trouble getting DNS in client-bridge mode Reply with quote
Here is my setup.

Host Router - 192.168.1.1 Linsys WRT54G2 - stock firmware (i dont believe dd-wrt works on this)

Client Router - 192.168.1.2 Linsys WRT54GL v1.1 dd-wrt v24

I follwed the instructions on setting up the client-bridge exactly.

Now the routers are connecting fine, but the problem is im not getting an IP or DNS info from the host router for my client computers.

I can log onto the client router from a computer on the host router. Also on the client router I can see all the DNS information for my ISP.

my client computer has windows XP, yesterday after restarting the routers a couple times it was able to connect with auto IP settings and get on the internet.

ever since I restarted the computer I havent been able to get it ot connect. The only thing that works is to set the computers IP to static and hard code in the DNS servers.

I tried it with DHCP enabled and disabled on the client router and it still wont work.

I know this should work because Ive done it with a WRT54G and WRT54GL before and pretty much everything is setup the same.

Any ideas on what might be the problem?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: