WGR 614 v6 with 2Mbyte flash 8Mbyte ram

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
triballo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello everyone I'm interested at the progress of the project, there are new? Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
pppp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Like you know there are two versions of WGR614v6. One of them has 29lv800 flash and second one has 29lv160 flash. When you want replace 29lv800 by 29lv160 it is necessary to mount R88 (10k).
Galane
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
pppp wrote:
Like you know there are two versions of WGR614v6. One of them has 29lv800 flash and second one has 29lv160 flash. When you want replace 29lv800 by 29lv160 it is necessary to mount R88 (10k).

I posted back a couple pages how to determine the flash chip size without opening the WGR614V6. Would be good to point that out to the screwdriver-phobic. Wink

I'm still curious about the bridge folder in the stock firmware which can be seen using telnet.

Bridge capability might already exist in the 1 meg version, which would be extremely nice as these can often be picked up really cheaply.

I need to setup a WiFi bridge between my house and office. DSL goes into the house, got a wireless router chained off the DSL modem. (Modem is a BEC I'm stuck with. Very crappy WiFi so it's off.) In the office I have a USB WiFi dongle on one PC which shares the connection with the rest of the office LAN.

Less than optimal since the one PC always has to be running and I can't print to the office printers (three various HP units with built in LAN connections) from the house.
BurritoBazooka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 13:59    Post subject: Any news? Reply with quote
This router has been listed as "wip" in the router database (this thingie) for absolutely ages. Any progress? I'm getting very sick of my router's default firmware. It's gotten to the point where I want to smash it with a sledgehammer and get a new router.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 14:52    Post subject: Re: Any news? Reply with quote
BurritoBazooka wrote:
This router has been listed as "wip" in the router database (this thingie) for absolutely ages. Any progress? I'm getting very sick of my router's default firmware. It's gotten to the point where I want to smash it with a sledgehammer and get a new router.

There is progress, I have just moved it over to the Known Incompatible Devices wiki page.

It needs, as mentioned in early posts in this thread, a bootloader replacements since it is running VXWorks.
Nobody is going to waste time on doing a boot loader converter for an old b/g router with 2MB flash.
I agree with you about the sledgehammer, do it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:31    Post subject: Re: Someone simplify this a little for me? Reply with quote
Flaviss wrote:
Am I correct that there is not a way to get my router turned into a Wireless bridge ATM without having to solder?

No, you are not: http://support.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/965
Yash
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:00    Post subject: Re: Someone simplify this a little for me? | wrt614-v6 Reply with quote
owen wrote:
Flaviss wrote:
Am I correct that there is not a way to get my router turned into a Wireless bridge ATM without having to solder?

No, you are not: http://support.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/965

This is not for the 'bridge' setup. It is for creating a 'wireless access point'. In the bridge setup the link between the two routers is wireless (for wired connectivity in either end).

I have been looking for the bridge solution on the wrg614-v6 router as well.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: