PPTP Pass-thru NOT!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
MSL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:21    Post subject: PPTP Pass-thru NOT!? Reply with quote
I've been using a PPTP VPN client on two of my portable devices (PalmTX and Ubuntu/eeePC) to connect my home XP box, which runs the XP PPTP server. All has gone well UNTIL I flashed my WTR54GS Travel Router with the latest stable DD-WRT. Now, I cannot connect between the WTR54GS and my home box. I HAVE enabled PPTP pass-thru. I can STILL connect my PalmTX to the XP box if I use a 3G/GPRS connection over my phone (and obviously don't use the WTR54GS).

This was unexpected, but my scouring of this forum suggests that there are currently problems with DD-WRT passing GRE 47 packets, or something of the kind. This is ironic -- the Linksys firmware on the WTR54GS had no problem with allowing an outgoing PPTP VPN. Only the DD-WRT firmware. IRONIC, because on my old WRT54GL HOME (note difference) router, the original Linksys firmware blocked INCOMING GRE 47 packets, and that was CURED with DD-WRT.

My WTR54GS Travel Router is really useless if I can't use it to make a PPTP VPN to my home PC. And I've not found any solutions to this (evidently) well-known problem.

Am I mising something obvious here? Thanks.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: