Vlans iptables and WDS

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ryanduff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:25    Post subject: Vlans iptables and WDS Reply with quote
I'm running 2 WRT54GL's and 1 WRT54G v3... all with v23 SP1 firmware I have WDS configured and working but am having a problem getting the iptables set up for my configuration.

The two routers in this scenario (connected and tested via WDS):
WRT54GL (host) 192.168.1.1 running DD-WRT v23 SP1 VPN
WRT54G v3 (client) 192.168.1.3 running DD-WRT v23 SP1 Standard

I created a vlan4 on the client using port 1. I was sucessfully able to ping the vlan 192.168.4.1 from a computer with a static address of 192.168.4.2 and the router 192.168.1.3 from the computer, but nothing else on the network.

Basically what it comes down to is figuring out what rules I need to get vlan4 to route to 192.168.1.1 then to the internet. vlan4 is supposed to have wan access only and no lan access. In essence, a DMZ. Everything else I have plugged into a lan port on vlan0 on the client sucessfully routes to the internet and the rest of the network. Its just once I split port 1 off onto its own vlan that it stops working.

I saw a set of rules in another thread that basically set up a DMZ but it was using a port on the host router and not the client. I tried a few adaptations of them and nothing. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
New to DD-WRT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 22:08    Post subject: vlan, wds and iptables Reply with quote
I am having a somewhat similar problem. What did you do to solve yours?
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't necro ancient posts.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: