D-Link DIR-615

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
kruuth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you change anything in the bandwith config?
Sponsor
gary_gsv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:22    Post subject: Solved? Reply with quote
sohai wrote:
my dlink dir 615 c2 has just successfully flashed with dir615c1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin ( DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/24/10)) . But there occurs some problems to me:

1) My wireless lan will be disconnected automatically
2) My LED light bulb wasn't in order. When i switched on my router, the power led will blink with orange led. But after a while, the power LED will not light up but the WAN led will light up in green. By the way i have no wire connected to my WAN.

Any helps?

You problem as solved? i have exactly this problem.

Rgrds.
geirmala
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:51    Post subject: DIR-615, and the revision is H1 and software is 8.0. Reply with quote
nelk wrote:
Hi,

I just buy a DIR-615, and the revision is H1 and software is 8.0.

Do I have a chance to put DD-WRT on it ?

Which revision should I use to patch it if working ?

Thanks

I have the same problem. It's not possible to upgrade to DD-WRT and I'm almost giving up my project.

Are there any DD-WRT firmware supporting this version?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:20    Post subject: Re: DIR-615, and the revision is H1 and software is 8.0. Reply with quote
geirmala wrote:

No

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:10    Post subject: Re: DIR-615, and the revision is H1 and software is 8.0. Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
geirmala wrote:

No

Then I'm the proud owner of two usless D-Link routers;
one DIR-615 and one DIR-635!!!
crowndroyal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello guys

I think my firmware update did not go to well I can not get into the router at all now using the old ip and new ip thats supposed to be for the dd-wrt

http://192.168.0.1 (connection has timed out)
http://192.168.1.1 (connection has timed out)

using the windows resolve issue it says it does not seem to have a valid ip configuration
Brew78
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, been reading up on the site and making furious google searches, but anything involving disconnections always wind up being about the Wireless.

I have a DIR-615 E3 and have been trying to get DD-WRT to work properly on it for a few days now. I've gone through a few versions and am currently on 16785.

The main problem I'm seeing is that for some reason I just can't get a direct LAN connection to work with the router. The instant that it looks like an IP address is being assigned, the connection drops. The router is literally disconnecting the port as if a cable were pulled. Sometimes it can support a connection for several seconds before dropping, but usually not.

I tried installing a new network card in case the onboard one was getting flaky (K8N Neo4 mobo v3), but that one suffered the same problem. Updating drivers didn't help either, nor did making sure the power settings on the cards were set to "always on".

I checked if uPnP was an issue since I'd read something about that in one of the forum searches, but its disabled both in DDWRT as well as not even being installed on the computer.

I thought it might have been due to the VM running and the bridged network connection, so I disabled that too. No effect.

I saw someone had mentioned non-direct connections working, so I ran a cable from a nearby switch to the router, and the onboard LAN won't connect at all, but the newly installed card did get a stable connection.

It'll work for now, but I really want to get a direct connection back up between this computer and the router to balance some traffic from the VM to the network.

/edit/
I should note that the router is main DHCP server and is running in Gateway mode. Wireless seems to work ok.

/edit 2/
I should also note that I did try different cables as well as different ports on the router.

I toyed around with the autonegotiation on port speed, and forcing it to 10Mb sometimes makes it intermittently work for a minute or more. Full auto usually defaults to 100Mb and starts with the whole "a cable has been disconnected" nonsense. Its hard to say what effect, if any, the different port speed actually had - it might have just been a fluke when it worked for a bit at 10Mb.
KidCastro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just flashed my DIR 615 to DD WRT firmware and already this has solved many issues. Just one question though.. every so often the LAN port LED for my PS3, port 2 switches of BUT its still working fine as I am playing online? thats weird.

Also, the Wifi LED is never on, is there something im missing?

Appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Justin Very Happy
diggerb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 20:12    Post subject: Internal port forwarding (DIR-615 r.E3) Reply with quote
Hello, I am new here. I have read through the FAQ and searched the forums for some

With stock firmware my newly purchased DIR-615 r.E3 wouldn't allow WPA connections. Not sure why, don't care. I installed DD-WRT and problem solved quickly and easily. Everything appears to be working fine, except for one point:

I use an A-record on my domain name pointed at my own home network. The IP address resolves successfully to my public IP, according to ping. However, I have a few standard ports forwarded to my web server, and while the server responds just fine to to requests coming from outside the network (i.e. the Internet), inside the network, if I attempt to access the server via either the public IP address or the domain name to those same ports, it doesn't even reach the server. No sign of connection attempts in access or error logs. This is true no matter what internal client I attempt to connect from.

This may be a device-specific thing, but I suspect there's something in dd-wrt that I can do to sort this out. I could, as a workaround, change my hosts files on the needed clients to point the hostname directly to the internal IP, but this is not a preferable option, considering that the wanted behaviour came without effort on my previous router (a Linksys wrt-54g - v8!) on stock firmware.

Please help.
diggerb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 18:50    Post subject: Re: Internal port forwarding (DIR-615 r.E3) Reply with quote
diggerb wrote:
However, I have a few standard ports forwarded to my web server, and while the server responds just fine to to requests coming from outside the network (i.e. the Internet), inside the network, if I attempt to access the server via either the public IP address or the domain name to those same ports, it doesn't even reach the server. No sign of connection attempts in access or error logs. This is true no matter what internal client I attempt to connect from.

Hooray! I found the solution in this thread:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=525421
prince_77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 21:24    Post subject: problem with openvpn and E4 version Reply with quote
Hello all

i have the Dlink Dir-615 with E4 version, i manage to change it to dd-wrt DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/21/10) std
but i dont have openvpn setup inside, is this model has openvpn option ??

thanks
epicking
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 15:01    Post subject: Re: problem with openvpn and E4 version Reply with quote
prince_77 wrote:
Hello all

i have the Dlink Dir-615 with E4 version, i manage to change it to dd-wrt DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/21/10) std
but i dont have openvpn setup inside, is this model has openvpn option ??

thanks

Hmmmm that is excately what I need too (openvpn) on my DIR615.
Any solutions ?
epicking
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 20:35    Post subject: You gotta be shitting me Reply with quote
I just bought dir-615/H1 with the specific reason of putting dd-wrt. There was no Release version on the package so it was impossible to check and now you tell me that people for the last 6 month or so have been begging for a release for the H1 ?

Honorstly ..... its not like it came out yesterday.

Who´s ass to kick (... or lick) ?
ZAR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
r17967 - flashed without problem
r17990 - doesn't work
mrandersonmd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:31    Post subject: D-Link DIR-615 Rev E5 working with E4 v24 PreSP2 Build 15778 Reply with quote
I've flashed succesfully my D-Link DIR-615 Rev E5 with firmware for E4 v24 PreSP2 Build 15778.

It works nice except for two problems:

1. Wifi LED does not work
2. I can't configure it as Repeater Bridge, this option does not appear, and I need it to use it as a wireless repeater and enhance the signal inside my house.

Can it be fixed? Or any other way to use it as a Client Wireless Bridge?

Thanks in advance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 20 of 31
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: