D-Link DIR-615

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
lepa71
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK. I'm going to repeat it one more time. You can read everything in the wiki, but dd-wrt will never( i hope it would) cover all different routers and work with them flawlessly. In my case it works like wireless bridge and this is what you need based in you diagram a wireless bridge no matter how you call it.

Thanks
Sponsor
NLitell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 15:01    Post subject: Client Bridge works with DIR-615 E3 and DIR-655 Reply with quote
In the end, everything worked perfectly exactly as I had set it up as soon as I installed an earlier version of the DD-WRT firmware: 14896.

Lesson here is perhaps that one should not be on the leading/bleeding edge of firmware releases...
lepa71
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know if you found this http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=143215&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

The only issue I had with this is:
Quote:
Build 14896 - connected wirelessly to my main router, but no DHCP pass through, so had to use static IPs for all devices behind the DIR-655 router

Build 14265 - works perfectly, DHCP gets passed through from my main router
TonyJZX
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have an old C2 with a regional 3.03 firmware on it.

It would not flash as it was regional.

I flashed it with a generic USA build 3.03 off the Dlink web.

Then hexed the factory first flash firmware.

Then 14896. Works well!

except client bridge isn't working and I think the LEDs are funny but overall its a lot better than the stock.
TonyJZX
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
btw. this one requires settings to making it run correct

I set it to 40mhz turbo mode

tx rx antenna chains 1+3

control channel upper

i set it to 20/40mhz and it doesnt look like it moves to 150+ very much
dsides
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 0:26    Post subject: WDS Reply with quote
I ran into a few issues with this router in WDS AP mode. After fiddling with the antenna chain setting, and running many speed tests, I found that the default, 1+2, for both rx and tx was optimal. After a few days I noticed that the wireless would stop working, and I was unable to connect to the web interface.

Anyway, I changed the antenna chains to 1+3 for both rx and tx, and it seems to be more stable. It's been up for about 5 days without any problems.

My primary router is a: WZR-HP-G300NH with build 19519.
and my secondary router is a: DIR-615-E3 with build 19519.

I'm just happy that it works at all. This is the first build where I've been able to get my Buffalo and D-Link to play nicely together.

Does anyone have any other "optimal" settings for the DIR-615-E3 regarding the antenna chains?

I've looked here:
http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

However, I cannot find any solid information about the correct antenna chains in that huge test document. Maybe I just don't know what to look for.

For reference, the FCC ID for the DIR-615-E3 is:

KA2-IR615E1
abispac2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
fuck sash
ctown10541
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
dsides - I have the C1 w/ build 17201 and when I set the TX/RX ant chains to 1+3 my speedtest drops to about a third of the normal rate and ping latency increases by 4x.

Did you notice a drop in throughput when switching RX from 1+2+3 to 1+3? I too was getting the wireless not working after an extended idle period.

EDIT: OK, I retested and see the normal UL/DL speeds. It must have been a temporary issue. The 1+3 config does not appear to impact the throughput speeds. I'll now see if it improves the wifi stability over a 24 hr period.
nxdead
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I need help Sad

Whenever I try to update the firmware it always gives me the same message; that I have the wrong hardware ID. Now I have gone onto the official D-link website and have downloaded the only updates.

Here is the website I went to:

http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/download/download.aspx?product=dir-615

I cannot seem to find my hardware ID... I live in Australia.

Specifications:

- I have the D-Link Dir-615 Rev C2

- I hex edited/pasted the supposed hardware ID from "DIR-615_3.01-tomizone-1.0.0.bin" (from this link: ftp://files.dlink.com.au/products/DIR-615/REV_C/Firmware/Tomizone_1.0.0_Firmware_3.01/DIR-615_3.01-tomizone-1.0.0.bin) to "dir615c1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin" and it didn't work. It tells me as above "wrong hardware ID" -- This was all done in emergency mode

Can somebody please help?!
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
nxdead wrote:

- to "dir615c1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin"

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
illuminated
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello!

i recently bought my dir-615 to hook up with my tp- td 8816 modem. After setting it up and successfully working one day, the router randomly stopped sending a wifi signal. I restarted it twice and it began to work once more. I decided to install dd wrt build 21061 for my E3 dir -615 router. Unfortunately, i could not get it to work. I have dsl internet and my isp uses PPPoE. I used the option for that type but the internet and filled out the appropriate information, but it would not work and the internet light on the router would turn orange.

Unfortunately i decided to play around with this router at the wrong time and the people in my house needed it. I decided to quickly reflash it by going into the emergency room(holding reset button during router reset until orange button starts blinking). However when i select the official d link firmware, it simply will not change. The page is stuck loading on the d-link emergency room page with no progression whatsoever. I tried the process 3 times already.

Please Help!!!!!!!

edit; pic of my set up

once again, please help me
nxdead
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
nxdead wrote:

- to "dir615c1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin"

What do you mean when you bolded out "C2" and "C1". I'm pretty sure it says it has both C1/C2 compatibility.

Please help..Sad
nxdead
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND what I am doing wrong...

1. I downloaded the proper C1/C2 version of firmware from dd-wrt for my DIR-615 Revision C2.

2. I downloaded the proper default firmware from the official dlink website mentioned on the wiki page here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/DIR-615C and found my supposed hardware ID and hex copied the ID "AP81-AR9130-RT-070614-02" to "ir615c1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin" and it says it supports both C1 and C2.

3. It did not work when I uploaded it via the D-Link control panel and it gave me the error that it wasn't the right firmware for the device. I re-hexed the "ir615c1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin" firmware with a "00" at the beginning of the string and uploaded it and it did not work and then I tried "01" and it did not work.

4. I opened emergency mode properly and attempted to upload my 'proper' firmware to the router but it did not work no matter how many times I tried in different ways and it would always tell me the "Hardware ID is wrong".

5. I am desperate to fix my router with dd-wrt because I have an online tournament requiring me to use the internet and my wireless capabilities are failing very frequently and I need any help I can get. There are no hardware or cable problems.

Should I revert the factory settings to absolute default before uploading the dd-wrt modified firmware?

Just please somebody help, or at least tell me what I'm doing wrong. Sad
Rand0m1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 0:39    Post subject: nxdead: try Firefox? Reply with quote
I looked back through your posts - and while I'm NO expert, I had the same symptoms with every browser I tried, until I used Firefox. I tried Opera, Chrome and IE, and it would only work with Firefox. I still had to try a couple of times with the binary - I don't think the one I re-hexed myself worked, but the prepared one I downloaded did.

Hope it helps.

nxdead wrote:
Okay I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND what I am doing wrong...

aaron9733
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I try to flash my DIR-615 Rev C2 and it cannot work, it came out message that router is busy and cannot proceed. I don't know what is the problem. Any one can help?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 25 of 31
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: