D-Link DIR-615

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
dotKev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 20:03    Post subject: Re: TruVista and hourly crashing Reply with quote
TomKan wrote:
dotKev wrote:
I am still having issues, sadly enough. Any input would be appreciated.

I have TruVista (North GA) cable service that worked great. They upgraded their equipment and I found every hour on the hour my service would drop. I troubleshot the problem for more than a month. To make a long story short, I found that Microsoft SkyDrive was processing changes every hour and using all my upstream bandwidth. For whatever reason this was actually crashing the entire internet connection for all 30 devices on my network. This was easily fixed by enabling QoS in the router because you set the upstream and downstream limits when setting up QoS. Please let me know if this helps for my knowledge.

Unfortunately, enabling QoS did nothing. Back to the drawing board.
Sponsor
JMMazza53
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 21:51    Post subject: Connection drops hourly Reply with quote
Quote:
dotKev wrote:

I own a DIR-615E3 that I use in client bridge mode. I will try to help, but I need more information. What is your main router? Are you running dd-wrt on it also? Which firmware are you running on your DIR-615E3? Latest version means nothing. Please state build 22118 or whatever build it is. Do you have the same problem if you connect to your main router only and unplug your client bridge? What are the settings for wifi channel, wireless security mode in both units? Are they the same?

Please advise.

John
st1000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
mertinator wrote:
Hi everyone! I successfully flashed my DIR-615 C2 with 3.03WW firmware. I just edited the downloaded firmware's hex file to 01AP81-AR9130-RT-070614-02.

I have also updated to BrainsSlayer V24 preSP2 07-24-2013-r22118 and got wireless working using the clone mac method.

So everything seems to be working fine now, my only problem is the LEDs! Does anyone have any idea how to fix them? I tried the guide for Wifi Toggle D-Link DIR-615 Rev C2 but the power led and wan led still does not perform properly.

It would make me feel better knowing that everything works as it was supposed to!

Thanks for the help!

I am using DIR-615 C2 too, would you please advise how to clone the mac, my wireless does not work! thanks a lot!
JMMazza53
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:19    Post subject: MAC Address Clone -- READ THE WIKI! Reply with quote
Quote:
I am using DIR-615 C2 too, would you please advise how to clone the mac, my wireless does not work! thanks a lot!

Really, you need to read the WIKI!

Setup --> Mac Address Clone --> Enable --> Apply Settings --> Save.

Not that hard!

John
st1000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 16:26    Post subject: Re: MAC Address Clone -- READ THE WIKI! Reply with quote
JMMazza53 wrote:
Quote:

Really, you need to read the WIKI!

Setup --> Mac Address Clone --> Enable --> Apply Settings --> Save.

Not that hard!

John

done, thanks!
dotKev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 20:52    Post subject: Re: Connection drops hourly Reply with quote
JMMazza53 wrote:
Quote:
dotKev wrote:

I own a DIR-615E3 that I use in client bridge mode. I will try to help, but I need more information. What is your main router? Are you running dd-wrt on it also? Which firmware are you running on your DIR-615E3? Latest version means nothing. Please state build 22118 or whatever build it is. Do you have the same problem if you connect to your main router only and unplug your client bridge? What are the settings for wifi channel, wireless security mode in both units? Are they the same?

Please advise.

John

Sorry for the lack of details. Some info:

- Build: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std - build 21061
- The main router/modem is an Arris DG860 router supplied by Time Warner Cable.
- I am not running DD-WRT on the main router.
- The problem does not exist when I connect to the main router.
- All settings on my DD-WRT bridge match the host router, including channel (both set to Auto), SSIDs, and security (WPA2); I've messed with those countless times but to no avail.

Thanks a bunch for your input.
JMMazza53
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:28    Post subject: DIR-615E3 client bridge problems Reply with quote
dotKev wrote:
Quote:

- All settings on my DD-WRT bridge match the host router, including channel (both set to Auto), SSIDs, and security (WPA2); I've messed with those countless times but to no avail.

OK, sounds like you're on the right path. Just a couple of things I would try. Usually I don't use the very latest build. I run build 21286 on most of my routers, but the DIR-615E3 client bridge seems to like build 22118 the best. Try upgrading to that build.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/07-24-2013-r22118/dlink-dir615e3/

Also, setting the channel to auto can be a problem. Go to STATUS --> WIRELESS --> SITE SURVEY, and make note of which channels are being used by others in your area. Ch. 1, 6, and 11 are most common, but sometimes you will find others. Pick one that is NOT used. If all 3 are heavily used (as sometimes happens) then try Ch. 4 or 8. That will sometimes help. Then set both routers to a fixed channel and try again. Usually that will fix the problem you are having. One last thing. Go under Administration and change the TCP timeout to 600 instead of 3600 (default). This usually helps also.

A couple last things: Try NG-mixed instead of Mixed under wireless settings if that is what you're using. Set channel width to Dynamic (20/40) in case you main router can support this. Also make sure to use AES encryption.

John
wackey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 14:00    Post subject: D-link Dir-615 Reply with quote
Hi everyone..new here...
I am tring to get my dir-615 router going with dd-wrt..
I dont get the hex part..i'm asking if anyone has a complete bin for dir-615 C1 ver3.01 that they can share...

thnx guys..
dotKev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 21:16    Post subject: Re: DIR-615E3 client bridge problems Reply with quote
JMMazza53 wrote:
dotKev wrote:
Quote:

OK, sounds like you're on the right path. Just a couple of things I would try. Usually I don't use the very latest build. I run build 21286 on most of my routers, but the DIR-615E3 client bridge seems to like build 22118 the best. Try upgrading to that build.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/07-24-2013-r22118/dlink-dir615e3/

Also, setting the channel to auto can be a problem. Go to STATUS --> WIRELESS --> SITE SURVEY, and make note of which channels are being used by others in your area. Ch. 1, 6, and 11 are most common, but sometimes you will find others. Pick one that is NOT used. If all 3 are heavily used (as sometimes happens) then try Ch. 4 or 8. That will sometimes help. Then set both routers to a fixed channel and try again. Usually that will fix the problem you are having. One last thing. Go under Administration and change the TCP timeout to 600 instead of 3600 (default). This usually helps also.

A couple last things: Try NG-mixed instead of Mixed under wireless settings if that is what you're using. Set channel width to Dynamic (20/40) in case you main router can support this. Also make sure to use AES encryption.

John

Sorry for the delay in response. Been away due to work. I attempted all of your recommendations, currently running the 22118 firmware right now, but still getting the exact same problem. Very strange. I appreciate your help.
JMMazza53
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 0:14    Post subject: Re: DIR-615E3 client bridge problems Reply with quote
Quote:
Sorry for the delay in response. Been away due to work. I attempted all of your recommendations, currently running the 22118 firmware right now, but still getting the exact same problem. Very strange. I appreciate your help.

OK, lets try this. Do a default reset on dd-wrt firmware. Then open up ADMINISTRATION-->BACKUP-->RESTORE and restore this generic client bridge setup for DIR-615E3 v22118. Do this with a wired ethernet cable to the DIR-615E3 with nothing else attached. After doing the restore, the IP address of the E3 will be 192.168.1.2. Go to that address in your browser. Now I want you to change 4 items and ONLY 4 items. Go to WIRELESS-->WIRELESS SECURITY and change the shared key to the key on your main router. Select SAVE only. Go to WIRELESS-->BASIC SETTINGS and change the SSID to your main router's SSID. Select SAVE only. Now go to SETUP-->BASIC SETUP and change the gateway address to the address of your main router and the local address to the same number +1. Select SAVE only. Now unplug the E3 for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Give it a full 2 minutes to reboot and go to the E3's IP address. Check to see if the routers are connected. If they are, save a backup of this setting BEFORE you try anything else.
dotKev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 18:57    Post subject: Re: DIR-615E3 client bridge problems Reply with quote
JMMazza53 wrote:

OK, lets try this. Do a default reset on dd-wrt firmware. Then open up ADMINISTRATION-->BACKUP-->RESTORE and restore this generic client bridge setup for DIR-615E3 v22118. Do this with a wired ethernet cable to the DIR-615E3 with nothing else attached. After doing the restore, the IP address of the E3 will be 192.168.1.2. Go to that address in your browser. Now I want you to change 4 items and ONLY 4 items. Go to WIRELESS-->WIRELESS SECURITY and change the shared key to the key on your main router. Select SAVE only. Go to WIRELESS-->BASIC SETTINGS and change the SSID to your main router's SSID. Select SAVE only. Now go to SETUP-->BASIC SETUP and change the gateway address to the address of your main router and the local address to the same number +1. Select SAVE only. Now unplug the E3 for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Give it a full 2 minutes to reboot and go to the E3's IP address. Check to see if the routers are connected. If they are, save a backup of this setting BEFORE you try anything else.

For whatever reason, whenever I flash that firmware to the E3 it fails to establish any connection over hardwire. Pointing it to 192.168.1.2 in my browser does nothing, and I'm forced to reset it.
JMMazza53
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 0:06    Post subject: Re: DIR-615E3 client bridge problems Reply with quote
It's NOT firmware. It's settings file. Do you set your computer to a static IP? Have you READ the Wiki? If you can't restore a settings file, then you're router is really screwed up.

John
dotKev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry, I meant settings. Been interchanging .bins with different associations. Yes, my computer is set with a static IP. I have read the wiki countless times. Perhaps it probably is just a bad router. I do appreciate your help. Thanks again.
JMMazza53
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:20    Post subject: RE: DIR-615E3 problems Reply with quote
One last thing to try. Do a 30/30/30, get to the bootloader and re-load the factory firmware from the d-link web site.

ftp://ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DIR-615/REVE/DIR-615_REVE_FIRMWARE_5.11.ZIP

Then start the whole process all over again. You might just have a bad original flash of dd-wrt. I have had this happen.

John
dotKev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, did that twice and still the problem remains. I'm sure there's probably just something internally messed up with my router, or a setting I'm overlooking somehow. It's cool, I can live with it. Thanks for all of the help!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 27 of 31
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: